The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Friday, November 13, 2009

Today was Friday the 13th and I should have stayed in bed! The morning started off with me freaking out over my new haircut (hate) and not being able to get my hair arranged how I liked it. Confession: I cheaped out and went to First Choice for a haircut (mistake #1). Normally I go to a salon downtown and see the same stylist, who knows my hair texture and can work with it really well. Yesterday, I decided spur of the moment that I needed a haircut after work. And in the interest of trying to be all frugal and recessionista and whatnot, I decided to go for the fast 'n' cheap option. Well, I look like Mowgli now:



Same haircut, same body, same disgruntled expression.

Anyway. I pulled my hair back into a stupid bob-tail and went to work sans breakfast, since I'd spent all my breakfast-eating time arsing around with my hair. So I had to settle for a banana at my desk (I know, biiiiig sacrifice, right? But normally breakfast is one of my favourite times of the day. I like to eat breakfast at a leisurely pace with coffee in my living room. A banana at my desk doesn't count.)

THENNNN I get to a meeting. Since parking in this particular area of the city is minimal to say the least I parked pretty close to a stop sign. I knew it was a bad idea. Halfway through the meeting I look out the window and there's the parking ticket guy measuring the distance from the stop sign to my car. I run out of the meeting and out of the building to move the car but too late--he's already put a $25 parking ticket on my car and won't take it back, even though I was about 10 seconds too late, if that. I know I was completely in the wrong and deserved the ticket but it's just one of those things. You know? If I'd spotted the guy a couple seconds sooner I could have avoided a ticket.

At the office everyone seemed really antsy and a lot of things blew up today, not just for me but for my coworkers as well. The atmosphere was tense and everybody seemed at their wits' end. It was just one of those days...actually, it's been one of those weeks. I'm beyond happy the weekend is here.

1. Pete and I went to a hockey game tonight, complete with rink beer, drunken idiots and lots of fights. It was a good way to destress after a very full week.

2. I'm doing a long run tomorrow. Running always helps clear my head, especially running outside.

3. Tomorrow is our Mocean fundraiser dance competition! If you're in Halifax, come to the McInnis Room in the Dal SUB at 7:30 to see team Colour make complete asses of ourselves.

4. After said dance competition, there will be drinkypoos. Much needed drinkypoos.

5. This weekend I'm also hoping to get started on Christmas shopping and conquer this stupid cheap-ass $15 haircut, because I'm not rocking the bobtail until it grows out.

Friday the 13th now has 63 minutes to go and I plan on sleeping them away. Onward and upward!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh, I know. Yesterday was AWFUL! I'm blaming it on being friday the 13th, because by the end of the day, I wanted to scream.


    Hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday the 13th is usually not a bad day for me but this was definitely an exception!

    ReplyDelete