Feeling homey (not to be confused with 'homie')

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lately I've wanted to spend all my time at home. I'm not sure why--whether it's the threat of winter coming, the early onset of darkness at the end of every day, the holidays approaching, or just exhaustion following a couple of the most stressful and all-consuming work weeks I've ever experienced--but all I want to do is be home.

I want to lie around and read, write, cook, listen to music, and just sit. I don't want to be getting jostled around in a mall or having to scream over the noise to communicate in a bar. I don't want to be stuck in traffic hollering at whoever's in front of me (generally dick licker or ass clown, depending on the day) to MOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! I just don't want to be out.

It's Saturday and tonight's agenda is looking very laid back. I have to run out to pick up a few things and when I come back I'm planning to run on the treadmill downstairs, have a bath, read, and go to bed at a respectable hour.

An exciting Saturday night? Not in the slightest. But after being run ragged all week, downtime sounds heavenly. Simple things like a bubble bath, a crossword puzzle, a walk around the neighbourhood...those are the things that are the most appealing right now. I want to be quiet.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. Every since the beginning of daylight savings, and the slight nip in the weather, I've avoided being out and about as much as possible. There's just something so satisfying about being at home, in comfortable clothes, doing relaxing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's odd for me, because generally I'm pretty social and up for everything. lately, i just feel like hibernating.

    ReplyDelete