,

Weekend at a glance

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Natal Day weekend was faaaabulous. It went by way too quickly but it was a nice mix of productivity, fun, good news, and all that lovely stuff.

Saturday it rained, so we spent the day running errands, going to the gym, tidying the house, and other odds and ends. We did pick up this little outfit for the baby, which I happen to think is pretty much the sweetest onesie ever:



I also got crafty and made this yarn wreath for the bebe's room while watching a couple episodes of Mad Men (which, if you're not watching it, Season 4 is cray-cray):



Sunday ended up being a nicer day so that meant we had a lot of outdoors time. We took Rory for a long walk on a nearby trail in the morning. He got hot and had to cool off in the river.



Sunday afternoon was mostly this: a cold drink, a good book, and sunshine.



Monday ended up being nice too and after spending the morning weeding the flower gardens, doing laundry, etc. I headed to the beach for the afternoon.



We also went to a birthday party on Friday night and an engagement party on Sunday evening, made it to the gym all three days (woo!), went out for breakfast, bought paint for the baby's room, barbecued some sausages and got all caught up on Big Brother. Pretty snazzy little weekend.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Rory is so big now! I hope he's not still eating his poop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's almost a year old so pretty much full grown. He eats his poop occasionally but not like before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please show pictures of your flower gardens! I didn't plant a thing this summer - I miss flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness so cute! I found your blog through a friend's ... I am 30 weeks along and work out/eat healthy too :)

    So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god The Help is such a good book! I can't wait for the movie to come out this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn - I'll see if I can get some! They're kind of in an in-between stage right now. Not much is in bloom but some bluebells and bachelor buttons and bleeding hearts :)

    Madeline - I love finding blogs of people who are due around the same time as me! It's nice to know we're all in the same boat.

    Kim - me too! It's out next weekend, I think. I finished the book during the crazy-ass thunderstorm on Wednesday - so, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yarn wreath, how did you make that??

    ReplyDelete