Fridays are for fetuses. 28 week update!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Here we are at the 28 week mark!



Oh what - you didn't want to see the world's sexiest photo? You didn't ask to see my greasy face and humidity-inspired topknot 'do? I don't know what you mean by all that. Next you'll be telling me leggings aren't pants. Pffffft. Working from home, kids. This is what it looks like.

So...28 weeks. Some people would say that's seven months (four weeks per month...) but thebump.com says I'm still in my sixth month, so I'm going to trust the Internet. It's like science. And it sounds a lot less scary to tell people I'm six months along than seven.

What's new? Sleeping through the night has become a thing of the past. I have this fear of crushing the baby if I roll onto my stomach, and of cutting off its blood flow if I sleep on my back, so I need to sleep on my side. Thing is, this eggplant-sized bebe is making staying on my side harder and more uncomfortable, so I've taken to kind of straddling/molesting a pillow when I lie down. Every time I roll over in the night (which happens at least 20 times) I wake up and have to rearrange myself and my gut and pillow. Still, if this is my worst problem, I can deal with it.

Neighbours are starting to ask Peter if we're expecting. Crafty, aren't they, not asking me? Just in case I've been on a crazy Pop Tart and poutine binge all summer? (That totally hasn't happened. Skinny Cow truffle bars, maaaaybe).

I do notice strangers looking at my belly a lot when I'm out and about, and I don't like it. I don't enjoy staring at the best of times, and I especially don't like it when I feel like a bloated, warped, lumpy version of myself. The first stranger to touch my belly is getting their hands slapped. BUT! My friends are the greatest and always say lovely things that make me feel much better when I'm feeling like a lopsided chunkster.

The baby is still a character and kicks and punches the crud out of me every day and night. Sometimes we see a big round ball which we assume is either a head or a bum, and other times little pokey things that are either footies or hands. I love this little person more every day.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. You look fantastic! You look better preggers then most people do not peggers. Also if you need me to slap anyone, let me know, I am always happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are definitely at the point where no one could ever mistake that for a food binge! I've never seen a non-pregnant woman gain that much weight in her stomach & not have a huge ass to go along with it, amiright?

    You look fantastic, Amy. How many people have told you that you look like you 'swallowed a basketball?' Ha.

    Are you still able to keep up with the running??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!! Yep, I ran 5 miles this morning. I'm getting a little slower for sure, and take way more breaks for water. I also stick to the treadmill so I don't get as overheated and don't have to maneuver around branches, kids, dogs, holes in the sidewalk, rocks etc! I just don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Fridays are for fetuses on my dashboard and totally cracked up. I also "molested" my pillow for the last 3 or 4 months of my pregnancy. I never used to sleep on my side before I was pregnant and now that my baby is 17 months old I still find myself sleeping mostly on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, Amy! :) I don't know why people think it's acceptable to go up to potentially pregnant strangers and ask to touch their bellies... it's kinda disturbing actually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a snoggle if you'd like to borrow. It's like a body pillow but more fitted and it was perfect when I was 7-8 months along. Nothing helps now unfortunately:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! Sara, I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm new to your blog but you are hilarious. i can't believe you have a weekly feature that involves the word fetus - so great!

    i'm going to add you to my blog lovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great!!! And I love how the neighbors are asking Peter. Very sneaky...and smart:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an incredibly cute pregs. I pray daily to look like that when I am pregs in infinity years.

    ReplyDelete