Sometimes I don't make sense

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last night I paid off my library late fees. Late fees that have been keeping me from going to the library SINCE 2007. For four years I have avoided the library because I was scared to get in trouble...over EIGHT DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS.

So in four years, I've bought an average of a book every other month, at let's say an average cost of $20/book.

$20 x 24 months = $480

$480 > $8.50

Well...that was silly.

Here are the offenders:



The first three, I don't even know what they are. Apparently I was researching New England. Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Next up: April Shadows. This was a sleazy VC Andrews book that is still waaaay less sleazy than her older novels, which I used to read in middle school and underline the penis parts and then return to the school library.

Shopaholic & Sister is one of the Shopaholic series, which typically take about 90 minutes to read from start to finish, so I'm not sure why that was overdue at all.

The Weight of Water is an Anita Shreve novel and one I still love. She's one of my favourite writers. Same with Good in Bed, the next offender on the list.

So then I tried to be intellectual and read some William Faulkner - after all those Shopaholics and teen incest sex dramas, I guess it was in order. And The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, which is also a great book.

Now you know all my bad habits: a weakness for chick lit and an inability to return my library books on time. And being hideous at math.

You Might Also Like

0 comments