Weekend highlights

Monday, August 22, 2011

1. Going to the Sunday farmer's market. I've only ever gone to our market on Saturdays, and by the time I get rolled out of bed and looking decent, it's usually late morning when I arrive. By then, the market is p-a-c-k-e-d. You can't look at the vendors' stuff, you can't browse, you can't even turn 360 degrees without knocking over half a dozen hippies.

But Sunday? Sunday is the day to go. There's like, one-fiftieth of the people there and just as much awesomeness. We got coffee and breakfast and enjoyed them outside and even picked up a couple bags of yummy pumpkin seeds. I think we're going to make this a ritual and actually start buying veggies and fruit there, too.

2. Owl bookends. Like so:



I'm on a serious owl kick lately. We ordered baby's bedding last week and it's covered in owls. Real owls scare me (the whole head-turning-360-degrees thing) but fake owls are fine. I've been keeping my eyes on these bookends at Chapters for weeks and this weekend I finally brought them home. Aren't they wise?

3. Long walks on the beach with my lover dog. He's allllllways ready to go, regardless of the time of day or the weather.

4. Friend time! I went to a BBQ on Friday and a wedding shower on Sunday and both involved awesome food and great company.

5. A Saturday afternoon cupcake under our favourite weeping willow tree at the Public Gardens.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Real owls scare me but fake owls are fine LOL

    Love it.

    I saw those at Chapters! They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been scared of real owls but I love owl prints and home decor things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those books ends are amazing! Very unique. Also I love farmer's markets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at these made over owls on Better After: http://betterafter.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-hoot.html

    What are the odds of seeing two owl bookends in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog :) In all my years of blogging, I've never met another blogger from NB - how cool is that? I love going to the Farm Market too, I just somehow always forget when it is (Wednesday & Sunday afternoons, during the summer) and get busy doing something else. I've only gone once all year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owl bookends are quite the thing, apparently!

    I very rarely go to the farmer's market too but I think we're going to start going more often now that we know it's not always a gong show :)

    ReplyDelete