Smell ya later, January

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Did you guys say "rabbits, rabbits, rabbits" on the first day of every new month? No? Just a bodunk Maritime custom? I'm so happy to see the ass end of January. It's my least favourite month of the year. This year was no exception. February isn't awesome by any means, but at least it's short, and we're that much closer to seeing winter GTFO. Also, Valentine's Day is coming up, and even if you think it's a BS holiday (which it is) there's bound to be some sweet treats circulating around and some mushy cards, too. I love me some mush.

Today is also the first day of the February Photo A Day challenge on Instagram. I finished the January challenge and it was fun to see everybody's contributions - I think there were almost 200,000 photos uploaded in January, which is crazy. Having a daily prompt makes it so much easier to take a photo each day. I tried to do Project 365 last year and it was a disaster. Without having an assigned photo I just ended up taking pictures of the dog or closeups of stuff in the kitchen, and within a few weeks I was dunzo.


You can see my photos on Instagram (amyw1981) or follow along here.

My New Year's Resolution for January was to use the slow cooker more. Success! I made falafels, ratatouille, and curry chicken. The falafels especially turned out amazing. The recipe I used is right hurr. I hope to keep using the slow cooker at least weekly - it's the easiest way to get a healthy dinner on the table in the evenings and there are always leftovers the next day.

My goal for February is to try a new way to work out. I've given it zero thought so far, but I have 29 days to figure it out.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mmm must try the slow cooker falafels asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with how they turned out. Sometimes slow cooker stuff turns out kind of meh but these were good!

      Delete
  2. slow cooker falafels?! yum city! i need to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do!! Imagine coming home from a hard day of work and there are some delightful little falafel balls nice and warm and waiting for you!

      Delete