Five Things on FridayFriday, February 17, 2012
1. Snack-snackity alert! This week I made a batch of roasted chickpeas (can you guess where I found the recipe? Here's a hint: I found it on the Internet in a magical place that starts with P and ends with NTEREST.) In summation: spread a can of chickpeas on a cookie sheet; bake at 450 for 30 minutes; drizzle with oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a little salt; enjoy the perfect addictive snack that's fun for vegans, lactose intolerants, dieters, and all ages). If you're interested in making them properly the recipe is here.
2. How to annoy me: overuse FML. I think this bothers me more than the overuse of LOL. LOL drives me crazy but FML is just too much. Every time I check Facebook there's a new flurry of FMLs marching down my news feed. "Slept through my alarm. FML!" "There were no Corn Pops left so I had to have Rice Krispies, FML!" or just the vague and attention-whoring "What a day.......................FML" followed by a million "what's wrong" and "***HUGS***" comments. Cereal, alarm clock mishaps, bad hair days, having to get up and go to work - these are no reasons to F one's L.
3. I'm pretty addicted to Words With Friends. I really don't know how I'd make it through middle-of-the-night baby feedings without it. The other night, Words With Friends was broken and I was going insane. I had to resort to playing Sudoku on my ipod (FML!!!!!) This morning, at about 4:45 AM, I played a 108-point word. 108 POINTS!!! Usually I just start games with random strangers. Let me know if you play it and maybe we can play together! Tee hee!
4. I started reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King this week. This book is crazy long but so far it's pretty good - if I could ever get more than 10 consecutive minutes to sit down and read (AHEM ELI) I think it would be a quick read. This is the last of my Christmas present books so it's back to the library for me once it's finished. Any suggestions for what I should read next?
5. It's Friday! This weekend's plans include a couple runs, cooking, visits with friends, catching up on the DVR, cuddlin', errands, and hopefully my first purchase at lululemon. I got a gift card for Christmas and am pumped to get some lulus on my tush. I hear they do great things for the heinie. I need all the help I can get when it comes to avoiding the mom-ass. And what is it about thumb holes in workout shirts that makes them 100% better than all the other shirts?
Happy weekend! xoxo