Tagged! 11 Random Facts

Thursday, February 23, 2012



Kelly tagged me in The Random Eleven meme that's been going around, which is the perfect way to spend a spare 10 minutes while le bebe is conked out in his swing. (edit - this is the fifth time I've sat down to finish this post). 

The Rules:
  • Post these rules
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself
  • Answer the questions set for you in their post
  • Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
  • Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
  • No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 random facts about me: 
  • I've never eaten brussels sprouts. I have no idea what they taste like or even what they smell like.
  • I sang in choirs throughout elementary and middle school, although I'm the worst singer in the world. Honestly, worst ever. 
  • I've been on national TV twice. Once was during a Canada Day broadcast in PEI. I was drunk in the background, jumped up and down and then gave the camera the shocker...oy. The second time was a CBC interview about being a first-time homebuyer.
  • I've never mowed the lawn. I don't know how to start the lawnmower. Ignorance is bliss.
  • One of my favourite things to do in the winter is go snowshoeing, which sounds incredibly lame, but I love it. The best way to spend a sunny winter afternoon, in my opinion. It's a great workout and there's little to no chance of crashing and breaking a limb. 
  • I'm a morning person. I love getting up early and getting things done first thing in the day. Sleeping in always makes me feel guilty, like I'm wasting the day, and I have trouble staying awake late at night. 
  • I have never had a pedicure. I hate having my feet touched and I think mine are super ugly from running and playing sports and years of wearing absurdly impractical shoes. 
  • I used to talk in my sleep, but now I just sweat profusely. Thanks, postpartum hormones. 
  • I have never been in a tanning bed. 
  • I still like to read Cosmo, but I get embarrassed buying it, so I usually sandwich it between two other more respectable magazines like Real Simple and Shape. I have been reading the exact same sex tips since I was 13. Note to Cosmo editors: That ice cube thing is OLD NEWS.
  • I broke a finger playing basketball in grade 9. I saved the metal splint they put on it and maaaay have conveniently pulled it out from time to time to get out of assignments I didn't want to do at both school and work. (Can't type with that thing on your hand. I guess I'll have to just go sit in the cafeteria for third period/roam around town with the camera/sit on my ass and do nothing). 
Kelly's questions for me:
  • Valentine's Day: Love it or Hate it? Love it! A holiday that celebrates love and involves chocolate and romantic gestures is a good thing in my books.
  • Favorite place to shop? Banana Republic or Gap, especially the outlet/factory stores now that we have those. I just got a 40-60% off coupon in my email to the BR factory store today. Granted, I need new clothes like I need a kick in the face but you know I'm going to be heading over there, "just to look around".
  • Social media outlet of choice: Twitter or Facebook or Other? Twitter for sure. I hate Facebook and I debate deactivating my account every day. I also love Instagram.
  • iPhone, Blackberry, Driod,  or Other? I love the iPhone but I can't type on it very well, so for work, I say the Blackberry.
  • Biggest fear: Sinking on a cruise ship or airplane crashing? Unhhh. I feel like I have more of a chance on a sinking ship. Women and children first to the lifeboats, and all that. On a crashing airplane, everyone's equally fucked.
  • Did you go to public school or private school growing up? Plain ol' public school.
  • Coffee, tea, red bull, none of the above? Coffee! I only like tea on occasion and I abhor Red Bull.
  • Best Spring Break trip? Dominican Republic - we've been there twice on spring break. The first visit was my favourite because the second time we were there I got an ear infection and couldn't drink alcohol or go swimming for the second half of the trip. Plus I wasted an entire day visiting an off-resort hospital, which was an experience I'm not keen to repeat.
  • General bathing/showering: at night or morning or choose to go the dirty hippie route? It depends on when I go to the gym. If it's not a gym day, I do it in the morning but if i go to the gym in the evening I wait and shower then.
  • Favorite boy band? NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC or one of the others that don't matter? NKOTB is the only one I've ever gotten excited about and that was in grade 3. Step By Step was my jam.
  • Dogs or cats? Dogs dogs dogs. Every day and twice on Sunday. I'm sorry, kitties.
My 11 questions:

  • What's your favourite body part and why? 
  • Salty snacks or sweet treats? 
  • What's your dream job? 
  • If you could spend the day hanging out with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and what would you do? 
  • Would you rather live on the North Pole or the Equator? 
  • Favourite Beatle? 
  • What's "your" drink? 
  • What do you order when you go to Starbucks (or Tim Horton's, or Dunkin' Donuts, or wherever, YOU MUST GO SOMEWHERE WITH HOT BEVERAGES COME ON)
  • Would you rather go naked or wear fur? 
  • What's your biggest fear? 
  • Your favourite foreign accent? 
I tag...
(no pressure to participate, of course! And sorry if you've already been tagged!)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ummm, drunk in PEI...reminds me of my summers in high school:) And I am totally on the boat with getting my feet touched... absolutely hate it!! Much rather get a manicure than pedicure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your 15 minutes of local news fame in grade 12. We were interviewed about being able to vote in the election...because we were old.

    And...thanks for the easy post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how to tag or let you know that I did it by using a tag...?? I need some blogger training....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tag, my dear :)

    Here's my reply:

    http://newlyb.blogspot.com/2012/02/11.html

    ReplyDelete