Five Things on FridayFriday, January 06, 2012
1. Eli turned eight weeks old yesterday. What the haaaaaaaeeeeell? He's so super big and getting so cute I just want to stare at his face all day and run around taking pictures and videos of him. I'll be doing a two month update next week, but in a nutshell, he's been doing great. He loves to play, is full of smiles and babbles and seems reaaaaaaaally close to giggles. But enough gushing about my little boy - I'll save that for next week.
2. I saw a pair of round-toe wedges at the Gap outlet earlier this week. I debated buying them and ended up leaving them there. Now I'm having whatever the opposite of buyer's remorse is. Cheapskate's remorse? I keep thinking about them and wondering if they were ugly or if I should go back and get them. I can't find them online - the closest thing I could find was these. Picture them in dark brown with a shiny strip around the edge. Ugly or no? Help me decide what to do with my $39.99.
3. Did you know if you have a Starbucks gift card and you register it online, you get a free drink on your birthday and can accumulate points for a bunch of other rewards? Of course you knew that. Apparently, I was the only person on the planet to not know this. But now I do, and I'm working on my gold status. I want that personalized gold card. I can't wait to swagger up to the counter at the Bucks and whip out that puppy. In the meantime I'll just keep buying decaf nonfat lattes like it's my job.
4. I've been reading some great books lately. I just finished Room by Emma Donoghue and am now reading The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay. I got a couple of others for Christmas - Sarah's Key and 11/22/63 and will be reading those ones next.
5. I've decided to hop on the bandwagon late and start doing the January Photo A Day Challenge with Instagram. I'll be catching up on January 1-6 today. My Instagram is amyw1981 if you would like to follow along, or see my progress here.