Five on FridayFriday, January 13, 2012
1. This week, I learned what my 50mm/f1.8 lens is for. I had no idea before. I thought it was just an extra lens. Thanks to this tutorial on Running on Happiness I now understand the difference and all I want to do is play with my camera!
2. I got my hair cut. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Here are before and after shots..."before" was taken in early afternoon and "after" was in the evening, with the lights on, hence the difference in lighting. It's just to my shoulders now and while I can't decide if I like it or not my hair feels one hundred percent healthier.
Notice the bags under my eyes big enough to pack everything you need for a two-week vacation? Gorgeous.
3. Have you ever had a dilemma where you know you want to pound some baked goods into your yom but you can't quite choose between cinnamon rolls and pancakes? Now you don't have to decide. My weekend is going to involve these cinnamon roll pancakes I found on Pinterest. I just ate lunch but looking at those pictures has me drooling.
4. We just finished watching season one of Community on Netflix and I'm going through withdrawal. I hope Netflix adds season two right away. Is there anywhere we can watch them online? I've read and heard the show might be dunzo now. I sincerely hope not. It's a favourite for sure. I've been watching Friday Night Lights season four and we're just about to start season six of The Office. I did watch The Bachelor premiere. Holy hell. Where do they find these broads?
5. Today is Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious but I always get a little nervous when Friday the 13th rolls around. There are a few superstitions I follow religiously: I never flip the calendar page before the month is over and I never sit in a wheelchair unless I'm in the hospital and they're like, yo, sit your ass in that chair. My great-grandmother used to say "if you sit in a wheelchair you'll end up in one" and our dad was always hauling us out of mall wheelchairs any time we tried to crawl into them to play. What a fun spoiler. But I'm OK around black cats, ladders, spilled salt and broken mirrors. Are you superstitious?