mamamonday: baby predictions

Monday, April 23, 2012


 During our prenatal classes, everybody received one of these "baby predictions" worksheets where we were supposed to fill in the blanks with our guesses about when our baby would be born, what it would look like, how big it would be, and so on. I just found my sheet while doing some spring cleaning and it's funny to see how close I was with a lot of my predictions about Eli's big arrival.


Predicted date and time of birth: Friday, November 11 at 5:00 a.m.
Actual date and time of birth: Thursday, November 10 at 3:35 a.m.
One day off = not bad. And I had the wee hours of the morning thing right.

Predicted weight and height: 7lb 4oz, 21 inches long
Actual weight and height: 7lb 3.5oz, 20 inches long
Half an ounce and one inch off? Pretty good guess!

Predicted hair: A lot of brown hair
Actual hair: A lot of brown hair

Proof! I think this was his second day home.

Predicted eye colour: Blue (and I wrote "will change to brown" on the sheet)
Actual eye colour: Dark gray. Changed to brown.

Predicted behaviour: Active and crying a lot
Actual behaviour: Active...but he didn't really cry much. Then he had a growth spurt and he cried constantly and I felt like calling a priest. Memo to new moms: the "six week peak" is actually a thing. It WILL get better! They will stop crying!

Predicted gender: I didn't pick one or the other. I went from thinking Eli was a boy, to a girl, then back to boy over the course of my pregnancy. It wasn't like those moms who claim to *know* they're having a boy or a girl.

Here are a couple shots of the man from the weekend. We had a great time - did some shopping and went out for lunch on Saturday, visited friends on Sunday, and of course, lots of cuddles, dance parties, and playing.




Now it's Monday morning and before 8:00 a.m. he'd already pooped in his exersaucer. Apparently we feel the same way about Mondays. If I had an exersaucer I'd poop in it too. Boo Monday.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. He's getting so big! Soon you'll be chasing him around the house. Lots of fun ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh for sure! We love that he's still pretty immobile right now!

      Delete
  2. We call ours the poopersaucer because he seems to poop in it every time he's in it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful it has a removable, washable seat!

      Delete