Seven deadly sins, day three: Wrath

Monday, February 07, 2011

Happy Monday! I hope weekends were fantastic all around. Mine was pretty low-key and relaxing. Friday night we stayed in and watched a movie, Saturday I went to the gym and to a hockey game and Sunday was for yoga, sushi and Super Bowl (the first half, anyway).

I also ate a ton of Nutella in honour of World Nutella Day on Saturday. I bought a new jar just for the occasion and now I remember why I can't keep it in the house. I cannot walk through the kitchen without sticking my finger in the jar and digging out a glob. I'd weigh 500 pounds if it was a regular in the kitchen.

I don't really have anything exciting to post these days so I'm glad I'm in the midst of an ongoing meme that gives me a free pass for seven days. Things are good lately. Work is good and busy, I haven't had any situations at the gym, and people are generally behaving, so I have nothing to gripe about.

Today's sin is "wrath" and I'm supposed to list seven things that piss me off. Really?!?! Only seven???

1. Being grilled about when we're going to have a baby. Apparently, once you're married, you're supposed to have a baby. That's the thing to do. We've also been married for more than a year now so people are really anxious to find out when we're going to reproduce. (Side note, does anyone else find it gross when people announce that they're trying to conceive? Translation: "we're having sex constantly". Then you picture it. You do. Don't act like you don't. Solution: don't tell people when you're trying to conceive, and they won't think about you doin' it.) If I ever do get pregnant, I'm not telling anyone, even after the baby is born. It'll be "our little secret". No big deal.

2. People who cannot drive. This could actually be a list of about a hundred things in itself. People who drive too slow, too fast, cut in, hem and haw, get in the left lane and go under the speed limit, don't signal, drive with their signal lights on, sit through green lights, text and drive, et cetera.

3. People who check their lottery tickets at the drugstore when there's a huge lineup behind them.

4. Passive-aggressive Facebook statuses and tweets.

5. Airport security situations including being felt up and walking through the gross scanner that takes your nekkid photos. If I'm not getting paid, I don't want strangers seeing the goods.

6. Dishonesty.

7. Telemarketers.

If you feel like following along, here's the list of 'sins' and what to post for each:

Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.

Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.

Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.

Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.

Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.

Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.

Day 7 - Lust. Seven love secrets.

You Might Also Like

0 comments