,

Seven deadly sins - day six: Gluttony

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Let me start off by saying I don't think 'gluttony' should be a deadly sin either. I think these sins are a little overrated in terms of their severity. Let me be your moral compass, children!

I am a bona fide glutton. When I find something I enjoy, I just can't get enough. This is why I gained about 20 pounds after starting a job that included free beer. (I have since lost the weight, thanks).

It's why on Tuesday night, after a long day's work and a four-hour volunteer shift after work, I fell asleep clutching my bulging gut after inhaling half of a large (read: intended for six people) garlic fingers from Boston Pizza.

It's the reason why a couple Easters ago, if you were driving on the highway between New Brunswick and Halifax, you might have spotted half a chocolate bunny on the side of the road. I ATE HALF A POUND OF CHOCOLATE RABBIT BETWEEN SACKVILLE AND OXFORD. I had to throw the rabbit out of the car to keep myself from eating the whole thing, and then, inevitably, dying.

Without further ado, my seven guilty pleasures:

1. Red wine. Particularly pinot noir or cabernet sauvignon.
2. Cheese. I'm not picky.
3. Shows about the Kardashians. I hate them but I want to hang out with them, especially Khloe, she reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.
4. Shows intended for 15-year-olds in general.
5. Snood.
6. Misty Mints.
7. Anything that combines chocolate with salt. Chocolate salty balls notwithstanding.



If you feel like following along with this meme, here's the list of 'sins' and what to post for each:

Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.

Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.

Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.

Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.

Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.

Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.

Day 7 - Lust. Seven love secrets.

You Might Also Like

0 comments