Seven deadly sins, day four - SLOTH

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I wouldn't describe myself as lazy, per se. I just don't like to do things I don't want to do. There IS a difference. I have lots of energy - I'm just selective about when and how I choose to expend it.

Today's deadly sin is "sloth", which I am horrified is a deadly sin. Seems a little harsh, no?


Adorable. Not deadly.


Seven things I neglect to do:

1. Floss daily. I KNOW, disgusting. I'm really, really bad at remembering/bothering to floss. Every time I go to the dentist I get in trouble.

2. Get my finances in order. It would probably take all of half an hour to go to the bank, have a meeting, and set up a retirement account, but it just keeps not happening.

3. Put away clean laundry. It gets washed, dried, and folded in the basket. And then it stays there. Forever. I don't really need dressers and closets. Just a couple white laundry baskets will do!

4. Finish painting the trim. There is some white baseboard trim in our house that needs freshening up and I just...cannot...bring...myself...to...do...it. If anybody likes painting trim, I will pay you in brownies and cupcakes.

5. Get a hair style. Shoulder length, straight, and mouse-shit brown it is. I can't be bothered to experiment with cuts or colours or anything that requires more than the very minimum in maintenance. Boring hair is my cross to bear.

6. Be a bargain shopper. I hear these miracle stories about coupons. I swear some people actually make money on their grocery orders. I glance at the flyers, and usually clip the Michael's and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons, but when it comes to groceries, sales mean nothing. I end up getting the foods I like to eat whether they're full price or marked down. I definitely need a lesson in couponing!

7. Organize my photos. There are probably ten thousand digital photos on my laptop, which is definitely not the most reliable electronic device going. I'm scared I'll try to turn it on one day and find out all my pictures are gonzo. I really need to burn some photo discs, get some prints made off, put the goodies in frames and albums and put the others in nice photo boxes. But that doesn't sound like fun. So I don't.

If you feel like following along with this meme, here's the list of 'sins' and what to post for each:

Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.

Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.

Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.

Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.

Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.

Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.

Day 7 - Lust. Seven love secrets.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Er.. should I post this?

    1. I don't shower daily. I shower every other day when my hair gets nasty. I don't stink on my no-shower days but.. you know :)

    2. I don't get things done when I should, like organize and pack like BF. I bring it together at the last minute... but even so :)

    3. I don't like dealing with banks or institutions. I am an online/mail-in sort of girl, so going to the driver's bureau? Yeah... to the backburner you go!

    I need more time to think of 4 more but those are my major ones.

    ReplyDelete