Seven deadly sins: Day 2 - Envy

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Speaking of envy, today was my second snow day this week. Jealous? Don't be. "Snow day" doesn't have quite the same ring when it's not about sledding, snowball fights, cartoon marathons and hot chocolate. I spent my snow day working. Granted, I got to wear yoga pants and hug the dog during stressy moments, when normally I would whine to my coworkers and search my desk for emergency chocolate.

The second deadly sin in this meme is envy and this is one I'm all too familiar with. Without further ado, here are seven things I lack and covet:

1. A smartphone. When I left my old job, I left behind my Blackberry and at the time was thrilled about it. The Blackberry had come to represent a ball and chain. I was on call, 24/7. But I was also able to tweet and Facebook stalk and BBM. My new phone is web enabled and purple and pretty but it's just not quite as slick as a Blackberry or an iPhone, which my husband has, and I'm constantly stealing to play Angry Birds. Maybe I should have made point #1 Angry Birds instead of 'a smartphone'.

2. Skinny legs. No matter how much I work out my legs always look just a little bit husky and I don't want to talk about it.

3. Musical talents. I don't think being able to plunk out Chopsticks on the piano counts.

4. A tan. I am definitely a whitey this winter. I refuse to go tanning for health reasons but that doesn't keep me from lamenting my paleness and being jealous of every girl who's less Casper than me.

5. A close family. My family is close and I love them but we aren't CLOSE close. We are a bunch of cool cucumbers. The only times we ever tell each other we love each other are if someone's died. Sometimes, that would be nice. Not the dying part, the lovey part.

6. Curly hair. My hair is poker straight and it refuses to curl or wave or do anything except lie there like a limp weasel.

7. That "spark". You know how some people just have magical, magnetic personalities? I wish I had that. Even just a little pinch of it.

If you feel like following along, here's the list of 'sins' and what to post for each:

Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.

Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.

Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.

Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.

Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.

Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.

Day 7 - Lust. Seven love secrets.

You Might Also Like

0 comments