Wednesday, December 31, 2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got engaged. Smashed up a car. Went to the Dominican. Had a real Christmas tree in an apartment.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the most part, I did. I ate pretty healthy, I worked out often, I volunteered too much and I got a better job. However, I'm still a crappy friend and I did not start an RRSP. FAIL!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some of my frienemies gave birth to bitchy babies just like themselves. Actually, some people I do like had babies, too. Not this bear!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No--I'm thankful for that.

5. What countries did you visit?
Dominican Republic aka "don't bother getting in shape before you go because everyone else is at least double your size".

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money. More sleep. D&G glasses.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 13th. <3

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
H2B wants to spend his whole life with lil' ol' me. That makes me feel pretty fantastic!

9. What was your biggest failure?
The big T-Bone and having to wave goodbye to my little red Saturn. Actually, that wasn't really my failure, since the douchebag in the truck hit ME. I failed epically at baking sugar cookies this Christmas...?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fainted at a client meeting (maybe that should be my biggest fail of '08?) and I lost a filling...other than that it was a pretty healthy year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plane ticket.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
H2B's for putting up with my constant retardathons.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My grandmother's.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent? Car BS?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dominican, the US election, my rock.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
WOMANIZER YOU'RE A WOMANIZER YOU'RE A WOMANIZER OH! WOMANIZER OH YOU'RE A WOMANIZER BABY
Genius lyrics from a genius lady.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
happier, thinner and richer. ftw.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep, art, and travel.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Beating up old people and pooping in the woods

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the family, drunk and sneaking nibbles of Cranium clay in between turns, and making sure my dog didn't jump up on the new furniture.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I stayed in love...I fell in love with this blog...how romantic

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl Gossip Girl Gossip Girl
It saved my sanity on many Mondays.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Edward Cullen

24. What was the best book you read?
The Glass House...I read it on the beach in one sitting on vacation. Couldn't put it down.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Eva Cassidy...I'm a little slow. And Miley Cyrus. Judge me and I'll cut you.

26. What did you want and get?
A new blog (yay!) A vacation. The Dark Knight in Imax.

27. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight was pretty suite

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and I cried in the parking lot at noon and then stole candy from the Bulk Barn bins. I lied about my age. We had ice cream cake at work, and H2B and I had sushi and he baked me a humungous pink and blue cake that was slightly tipped to the side but tasted wonderful. My friends gave me really funny cards and joke gifts, so in the end, birthdays aren't all bad.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More hours in the day...definitely.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I think it became girlier...I wore dresses and skirts far more in 2008 than ever before.

32. What kept you sane?
Gossip Girl on Mondays. Guitar Hero marathons. Starbucks being just around the corner--thank you, Baby Jesus.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Obama.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The economy in general got the biggest reaction out of me.

35. Who did you miss?
My mom and dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
That would be unfair to all the un-bests. I'll say my new coworkers at Colour. They're a very good bunch.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
If you need something on a Friday, tell everyone you need it on Wednesday. You might get it on Friday.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"all I wanna do is *chick chick boom pfffft pyoom chick boom bang* and take your money"
Well done, MIA. Well done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments