Pinterest Roundup: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Friday, August 17, 2012



If you're anything like me, you have about a gazillion pins on Pinterest and about a gazillion minus two of them are things you've never done and will never do. In actuality, I have 665 pins at the time of writing this post, which sounds like a lot, but I know there are some nut cases who have a legit million pins.

I thought I would gather up some of the Pinterest goodies I have actually attempted to make, eat, do, or wear and let you know how they turned out.

Baby Stuff

Baby Onesie Monthly Printables - I printed them all out and I did take monthly pictures of Eli wearing them...for the first three months of his life. It was a good idea. I just completely forgot to do it in month four and then it was like, what is the point of continuing this? But it was easy and cheap and I recommend it to someone who even remotely has their shit together.

Closet Organizers - did this and loved it. In the beginning you get a ton of little outfits of different sizes and this was a neat way to keep Eli's clothes organized.

Superhero Alphabet Sampler - I ordered this pattern from Etsy. It is a work in progress but it's coming along well!

See? Progress. I should be finished by the time he's 17. 

DIY Valentine Cards - I did these with Eli for his grandparents and it was a disaster! With a bigger kid it would probably be have been easier, but it's kind of hard to tell a three-month old to flatten his hand out and put it in the paint. The handprints looked more like blood splatters.

Food

Easy Pad Thai - Yes, yes, yes! Made this and loved it and it is actually really easy and quick and doesn't require any crazy ingredients.

Cookie Dough Popsicles - No, no, no. But I also used plain old skim milk and I've heard almond milk is way better. Worth another try.

Baked Oatmeal Casserole - This was a favourite! I made it with blueberries and bananas and ate it for breakfast for a week.

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars - Really easy and really good. Peter even liked them and he's the fussiest about desserts.

Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad - Winner. Bring it to a picnic or potluck. It's really pretty as well as delicious!

Cream Egg Brownies - Made these at Easter and while the finished product was delicious, it was suuuuper time consuming. I feel like these took eight hours of hard labour to make. But they do taste pretty much like cream eggs!

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte - No thank you. Just go to Starbucks.

Crafts

Glitter Christmas Ornaments - These are absolutely foolproof and they look lovely on your tree. Seriously...an old man could do this craft.

White Flowered Christmas Ornaments - We have these all over our Christmas tree now too. A little more time consuming than the glitter balls, but still a total TV craft.

DIY Workout Shirt - This one was a success if you call making the world's sluttiest workout shirt a win. It looked like one of Wil's tank tops from Big Brother.



Like, I don't even wear it to the gym, it's that hootch. Only to work out in the basement.

Feel free to share your Pinterest hits and misses, and follow me if you like!

You Might Also Like

0 comments