All over the place.Tuesday, July 03, 2012
I had a bit of a come-to-Jesus with the ol' blog last week. I was getting fed up with the whole blogging thing and feeling like I don't have anything interesting to write about. I debated shutting it down, starting from scratch elsewhere, you name it...and then it broke, and I got sad, and I decided she's not going anywhere. There's a lot of history on here! I got engaged, got married, had a bebe, got a dog, all documented here in this little blog. I can't get rid of her. I made it private for the long weekend so you all couldn't see the fustercluck design while I was off gallavanting on the beach. Fortunately, Blogger seems to have gotten its act together over Hoser Day Weekend and things are running tickety-boo again.
Speaking of Hoser Day weekend, it was great. We enjoyed our first mini-vacation away as a family of three. There was beach time, pool time, eat-your-body-weight-in-fried-seafood time - all the essentials of a good long weekend. Step One in making Eli a water baby is complete. He loves swimming, splashing, and eating sand. He is his mama's child.
Other than vacation, I have been busy lately...
- going to physio and whipping my IT band back into shape
- running and thrusting around awkwardly in my basement, AKA doing the Nike Training Club App workouts
- baking blueberry-banana oatmeal (the recipe is all about strawberries but I blueberried it up)
- buying dresses with palm trees on them. I don't even know.
- I feel like time is flying by too quickly. My little boy will be eight months old next week.
- I feel COMPLETELY out of touch. For example, every time I go downtown I have a five-minute panic attack where I cannot decide what is appropriate to wear. Maternity leave + living in the suburbs = I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE KIDS ARE WEARING THESE DAYS. I feel like all my clothes are wrong and I have nothing to wear.
- I'm excited for Big Brother, the Olympics, the wedding we'll be attending this weekend and the Dark Knight Rises.
- I'm bothered by the article I read last week claiming fake tans are carcinogenic. As in, spray tans and self-tanners. Self-tanners which I've been using since 1999 BECAUSE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE. So I've been Oompa-Loompa orange for more than a decade for no reason.