34 Weeks / This is why I'm hotTuesday, October 04, 2011
|34 Weeks & Five Days!|
However, it has been brought to my attention that the past couple of weeks have been my sexiest ever. Without further ado, here are a few of the reasons why I'm a hot piece lately:
- This weekend I bought pads for after the birth - big kahuna maxipads, like the size of actual surfboards. Also, nursing bras. There's a reason the Victoria's Secret angels don't wear nursing bras. They look like my first training bra, except saggier and more geriatric. Wearing one makes me feel like a kangaroo. I don't know why.
- Burping every five minutes.
- Having my bazooms spontaneously start leaking while playing Yahtzee.
- Looking like I'm smuggling a basketball.
- Wearing sexy outfits, as demonstrated above, every day.
- Wearing said sexy outfits with briefs, not thongs. I normally do not wear briefs unless I'm at the gym or in bed, vomiting, close to death. I don't even know myself anymore.
How big is baby?: As big as a honeydew melon! He or she is about 18 inches long and weighs around four and a half to five pounds.
Weight gain/loss?: At my doctor's appointment last Monday, I got in a bit of trouble as I'd lost four pounds. Being in the hospital, stress, not being allowed to eat for a day, hospital food wartime rationing portion sizes, etc. all conspired to make me drop some weight. Since I've been home I've been eating like it's my job, which is hard, because the baby takes up all the space that used to be available for food. I'm hoping I've gained some weight (this is the only time you'll ever see me utter those words).
Maternity clothes?: Being home every day = zero effort into my appearance, so leggings and yoga pants have been my uniform, topped off with tank tops or t-shirts. If I feel like getting fancy I'll put on a cardigan or a scarf. I have bought two pieces of maternity clothing in total: one shirt and one dress, both from H&M. I find the price of maternity clothes is appalling. Who wants to pay $39 for a gross purple t-shirt you're going to wear for two months and makes you look like an elephant?
Food cravings?: I crave pumpkin spice-flavoured stuff, but I think that's more of a fall thing and less of a baby thing. I haven't had any baby-related cravings.
Movement?: It braces its feet against the left side of my belly and stretches out against the front, trying to rip through the skin. It's amazing how hard the baby pushes on me sometimes!
Belly button?: It has arrived, and it is spectacular. And oh, so itchy. I slather on vitamin E oil every night to help with the itchies and prevent stretch marks (none yet, knock on wood!) and come to bed with a greasy-looking basketball belly. Peter is so lucky. If you haven't picked up on the memo yet, I am a sexy beast.
Aches and Pains?: Just Braxton Hicks, which send me into a panic every time. Ute needs to quit toying with my emotions and sanity like that.
What are you looking forward to this week? Getting some more days under our belt and inching closer and closer to having a full term baby. Also, Thanksgiving! My family will be in town Sunday for our big Thanksgiving meal. Peter and I are in charge of doing the vegetables, cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin pie, Mom is bringing the turkey, stuffing and gravy and my sister is making another dessert. Thanksgiving is definitely giving Christmas a run for its money as favourite holiday - it's got all the good food and family shenanigans minus the pressure to buy presents.