what's been happening

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

1. Eli has started calling us by our first names. "Amy, GET OVER HERE!" and "Where's Peter?" I don't know how he even knows those are our names. Then he cackles hysterically.

2. We made a batch of wine for our anniversary. The fourth-year anniversary gift is traditionally fruit and flowers, and we were like, fruit = grapes = wine. So we went to visit a winery and made a batch of wine. But here's where it gets fun. We thought our batch was going to make 10-12 bottles. It actually made 30. So now, we have all the wine. And homemade wine is like, knock-you-on-your-ass wine. I'm drunk writing the post and I'm not quite done one glass. It should be an extremely festive holiday season.

3. I started making a wreath on the weekend and ran out of burlap halfway through, so now I have this:


I bought more burlap and I would finish it now but I'm drunk.

4. Pete and I and some friends ran the Lucky 7 relay on Nov. 17! It was three legs of 7km. My running goal for 2014 was to complete three races, and this was my third. My secret goal was to run my longest run ever in 2014, which hasn't happened yet, and OOPS now the cat's out of the bag, this wine is really going to be a problem. I haven't run longer than 12 miles all year. Get off me. Anyway...Lucky 7 was a lot of fun and I'm excited to have three new t-shirts in my drawer from this year's races.

5. I took last Friday off to do my Christmas shopping because I thought it was Black Friday. All day long, I was buying things and thinking "these don't seem like Black Friday deals but just go with it, tightwad, YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU." Realized this week I took the wrong Friday off.

That's about it. Going to go have a glass of water and put some Gatorade by my bedside for tomorrow morning, not even joking. Happy Tuesday kids!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. haha LOVE it! Also that wreath is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome. I miss wine. Your child is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's super funny these days. Every once in a while he says something and it's like WHAT? Did you actually just come up with that yourself?

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! Drunk post. Love it :) Now I want homemade wine. Wanna ship some to SK!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have enough to share :)

      Delete
    2. Aiiight, I be sending you my addy! ;) haha.

      I went through the calling my parents their names thing for a bit, I remember. I used to think my dad's name was hilarious when I was a kid. Norbert. (It's actually still funny when my mom gets 'mad' at him and says it really fast.)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, homemade wine is POTENT. We just started making it and are *trying* to limit ourselves to one bottle a week. Success this far? Nope. Also, LOVE that Eli is calling you by your first names hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've only polished off one bottle so far. It's pretty good! And such a nice surprise that we ended up getting like 3x more than we were expecting haha

      Delete