what's been happeningTuesday, November 26, 2013
1. Eli has started calling us by our first names. "Amy, GET OVER HERE!" and "Where's Peter?" I don't know how he even knows those are our names. Then he cackles hysterically.
2. We made a batch of wine for our anniversary. The fourth-year anniversary gift is traditionally fruit and flowers, and we were like, fruit = grapes = wine. So we went to visit a winery and made a batch of wine. But here's where it gets fun. We thought our batch was going to make 10-12 bottles. It actually made 30. So now, we have all the wine. And homemade wine is like, knock-you-on-your-ass wine. I'm drunk writing the post and I'm not quite done one glass. It should be an extremely festive holiday season.
3. I started making a wreath on the weekend and ran out of burlap halfway through, so now I have this:
I bought more burlap and I would finish it now but I'm drunk.
4. Pete and I and some friends ran the Lucky 7 relay on Nov. 17! It was three legs of 7km. My running goal for 2014 was to complete three races, and this was my third. My secret goal was to run my longest run ever in 2014, which hasn't happened yet, and OOPS now the cat's out of the bag, this wine is really going to be a problem. I haven't run longer than 12 miles all year. Get off me. Anyway...Lucky 7 was a lot of fun and I'm excited to have three new t-shirts in my drawer from this year's races.
5. I took last Friday off to do my Christmas shopping because I thought it was Black Friday. All day long, I was buying things and thinking "these don't seem like Black Friday deals but just go with it, tightwad, YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU." Realized this week I took the wrong Friday off.
That's about it. Going to go have a glass of water and put some Gatorade by my bedside for tomorrow morning, not even joking. Happy Tuesday kids!