10 To-Dos in JuneThursday, June 07, 2012
Inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, here are 10 things I want to do this month.
1. Do a bunch of yard work: Get mulch for the flower beds. Put the pot lights out
2. Plan a successful first Father's Day. What are the determinants of a "successful" Father's Day? Bacon will be consumed, we'll have a family outing sans baby meltdown, and ideally, we'll be able to find a card with a sentiment that results in misty eyes if not actual tears.
3. Get my knee fixed. My physiotherapy assessment is today - fingers crossed I'll be able to run pain-free rull soon.
4. Avoid online shopping. In the past week I've ordered a cross-stitch pattern from Etsy, two bathing suits and a living room rug. Can't be tamed. My Visa is curled up in the fetal position in the corner.
5. Bake something rhubarb-y. Strawberry rhubarb pie, perhaps. Did you know rhubarb is A VEGETABLE? Percolate on that for a second.
6. Eat spring rolls. I have been craving them for a couple days now. Maaaaybe today? P.S. I love that eating a particular food is on my to-do list. I obviously need more hobbies.
7. Schedule a family photo shoot. Practice cheesy smile.
8. Have my morning coffee on the deck. This will be a lot easier when it's not minus one billion degrees outside. WTF June?
9. Firm up our summer vacation plans. We had been thinking a week at the cottage, but now we're wondering if that would be a nuisance with the baby. A full week is a long time for little man to be sleeping in a playpen. So maybe a couple long weekends away instead? Or should we just do the cottage thing? Has anyone traveled with a 7-8 month old baby? How heinous is it, really?
10. Go to the dang dentist already. I was due for an appointment in January. What?