Ask yourself...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lauren at Five Blondes posted this list of questions you should ask yourself every Sunday. The idea is to reflect on the week that's ending and help you get your new week off to the best possible start.

Tomorrow is the beginning of not only a new week but a new month. As anyone who's been keeping up knows, January bit hard for a multitude of reasons (although the last couple days have been pretty great and things are looking up significantly). I'm determined that February will be extra amazing to make up for it. I will punch a puppy in the face to ensure February is drastically better than January. Or, you know, do other stuff that doesn't involve punching a puppy.

1. What did I learn last week? How to figure out print ad sizes in columns by lines format. I know--not the most exciting thing in the world--but in the past, when someone mentioned an ad that's "eight columns by 98 lines", I was completely in the dark. Now I know THE SECRET FORMULA.
2. What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week? This is easy: working out for six hours yesterday for Bust a Move. It was pretty wild. Six hours of exercise, 850 participants, $1.1 million raised, and Richard Simmons was there. That's hard to top.
3. Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?Again, Bust a Move was something I won't forget anytime soon.
4. What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week? A good annual review at work. It's coming up on Tuesday. I'm nervous. I know I've worked super hard this year but whether or not other people agree is always up for debate.
5. What can I do right now to make the week less stressful? PLAN. I need to block out specific chunks of time to get everything done at work--not just scheduled meetings, but other jobs too. Plus I'm planning my outfits and lunches every day this week tonight. Anal? Perhaps...but that 10 minutes I don't have to spend deciding what to wear or eat in the morning is brilliant.
6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week? Stress eating for sure. We threw out a LOT of candy this weekend and I'm going to try to not come home after a stressful day to om-nom on a dozen fun-sized chocolate bars this week.
7. What was last week’s biggest time sink? Meetings that drag on and onnnn. I like meetings with an agenda and a purpose.
8. Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped? I'm trying to drop it. There was some dumb drama last week I'd like to forget.
9. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done? There's a doctor's appointment that I've been postponing for, um, five years.
10. What opportunities are still on the table? I've been thinking about taking on a freelance writing project in my spare time and would like to make a connection on that this week. I could use the extra money and doing something creative to get it! Also, my review at work is a perfect opportunity to talk about different things I'd like to work on and ways to grow.
11. Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to? There always is. This week I'm going to email my friend Tasha. She's in the Navy and is somewhere hot and exciting (last time I heard, she was in Malta). I'm sure she'd like to get an email from home so I'll send her a note this week.
12. Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘Thank You’? Sure...Peter deserves a thank you for putting up with me during a cranky January.
13. How can I help someone else this coming week? I'm going to visit my parents this weekend and will be seeing my little sister, who's planning her wedding for July 31. I want to help her with any of the wedding prep stuff she's working on now. I know how gross it can be so if I can take any of the strain off her, I'd feel good.
14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years? What happened to the week in review?? Ummm...own a home, be content with my work, have a dog.
15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals? Yes...we've been creeping on houses we like from the real estate listings and met with the bank to get approved for a mortgage.
16. What’s the next step for each goal? Call a realtor to set up a viewing. Buy a house, so we can get a dog! And discuss opportunities during my review for the coming year.
17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week? My visit home--snowshoeing in the woods and relaxing!
18. What are my fears? Having a bad review at work. Projects going off the rails.
19. What am I most grateful for? Peter, friends, family, my health, my job.
20. If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with? Pete and my family and best friends.

You Might Also Like

0 comments