The Rest of the Best of 2009!

Monday, December 21, 2009

This is the final installment of the Best of 2009 challenge found on Gwen Bell's blog.

December 21 Project. What did you start this year that you're proud of?

I did start a system for organizing my clothes that I'm pretty happy about. I know, right? WHEN DID BEING ABLE TO FIND YOUR SHIT BECOME AN ACCOMPLISHMENT? Well, my friends, it has. A place for everything, and everything in its place. Now to learn to apply this same level of organization to the rest of my life...

December 22 Startup. What's a business that you found this year that you love? Who thought it up? What makes it special?

I already mentioned Two if By Sea Cafe in my "favourite place" part of this challenge but it's worthy of another mention. The croissants are just amazing and if you live in HRM, or if you're just visiting, you must check them out.

December 23 Web tool. It came into your work flow this year and now you couldn't live without it. It has simplified or improved your online experience.

Teux Deux has changed my LIFE! I'm an OCD list maker by nature and this site makes it so much easier to list to my little heart's content. It's wonderful.

December 24 Learning experience. What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?

He who gossips with you will gossip of you.

December 25 Gift. What's a gift you gave yourself this year that has kept on giving?

This sounds a bit ridiculous but Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polishes with the super wide and easy to use brush have saved me a fortune in manicures. They cost about $5-$6 per bottle and a bottle will last for approximately seven thousand years. Manis and pedis are my treat to myself on weekends...especially when they dry in a flash and are easy to use and don't make me look like a drunken chimp painted my nails.

December 26 Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?

It's only a bargain if you like it enough to buy it at regular price too. Otherwise it's cheap clothes you're buying just for the fact that they're cheap!

December 27 Social web moment. Did you meet someone you used to only know from her blog? Did you discover Twitter?

I discovered Twitter last year but I became a bit of a fiend this year. I met a few bloggy types, attended a networking event or two. I started a Flickr pool. I joined 20sb.

December 28 Stationery. When you touch the paper, your heart melts. The ink flows from the pen. What was your stationery find of the year?

Box o' Cards = $15ish for 40 blank, multicoloured cards at Chapters. Perfect for quick thank-you notes or birthday greetings minus the cheese factor.

December 29 Laugh. What was your biggest belly laugh of the year?

I have a biggest belly laugh of the year every day.

December 30 Ad. What advertisement made you think this year?

Well...technically, the ads I worked on made me think (and cry, and panic, and lose sleep) the most this year. In the spring I worked on a domestic violence action plan and we had to research a lot of domestic violence ads from around the world--some of those were shockingly hard-hitting and effective. I also still love the Telus animals. Put a baby animal in it and I'm on it like white on rice.

December 31 Resolution you wish you'd stuck with.

Getting my finances more in order, for sure. I don't feel like I'm in a much better place than I was a year ago. I have a bit more money in the bank but it's still sitting in one bulk account. I'm one year closer to retirement age-wise but money-wise, I haven't budged. This year, promise!

You Might Also Like

0 comments