Best of 2009, Part 3

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 15 Best packaging. Did your headphones come in a sweet case? See a bottle of tea in another country that stood off the shelves?

I'm a sucker for packaging that is both functional and attractive. Everyone who owns a MacBook, an iPod or an iPhone knows how slick Apple's packaging is. No excess cardboard and paper and filler--I love the way their products are delivered.

My wedding shoes came from Aldo and I was really impressed how instead of putting the shoebox inside a plastic bag, the box has a pull-out handle on one end. It's a box and bag in one! My geeky side claps and jumps up and down.

December 16 Tea of the year. I can taste my favorite tea right now. What's yours?

I'm much more of a coffee girl. I drink green tea or chai tea at work when I'm hungry and trying to avoid snacking, so I mostly associate 'tea' with 'not eating' and therefore it's not my favourite...it's more like punishment. I like peppermint tea when I'm hungover and sweet orange tea from Starbucks.

December 17 Word or phrase. A word that encapsulates your year. "2009 was _____."

Ridiculous

December 18 Shop. Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year?

It's got to be Michael's because we were in there every bloody day for months buying crap for the wedding with 40% off coupons. We definitely impacted Michael's sales numbers for this year.

December 19 Car ride. What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?

It's got to be driving to the church for our wedding. I remember thinking about how I was going to be standing in front of alllll those people in 12...11...10 minutes. I wanted that car ride to last forever. I looked out the window at all the houses and landmarks I'd seen hundreds of times before and tried to wrap my head around what was going to happen. Runner-up would be the ride me and my bridesmaids took just a couple hours earlier en route to getting ready, which involved a pit stop at Tim Horton's for bagels and the stealing of a Sears Super Saturday & Sunday sign at a busy intersection.

December 20 New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

Yikes...how do you pick just one person? There have been tons of great people I have met this year, randomly, through work, and through other friends. One person in particular is Joel, who I drive to work mostly every day and who has listened to countless rants and raves day in and day out. It's lovely to have someone to vent to and make fun of passerby and other drivers on an otherwise mediocre commute!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww, thanks Amy! *LOVE* our rants/raves everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! And wow I can't imagine how I'll feel on the car ride to my wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joel It's where we come up with our best material!

    @Katy It's a surreal experience, for sure.

    @Ben Don't tell anyone buuuut I heard he has a rabid celeb crush on Kathy Bates.

    ReplyDelete