, , ,

Your face costs HOW MUCH?!

Friday, January 23, 2009

A few of my favourite girls did this little exercise: how much is your face worth?

I shudder to add this up, but here goes.

Today (Sunday; so I'm kind of lazy and skimp a bit on products)

Biore moisturizer with SPF 15--$15.99
Clinique city block sunscreen SPF 25 (yeah, even in winter...I used to work for the Canadian Cancer Society and am SUPER anal about my SPF!!)--$24.00
Boots No. 7 intensive line filler--$17.99 (freaking out about wrinkles...sad face)
Aveda green science firming eye cream--$49.99 (this stuff is awesome and worth every penny!)
CG Advanced Radiance foundation--$11.99 (I wasn't expecting much out of this product but I'm actually really loving it)
Arbonne tinted moisturizer--$25.00 ( I mix some of this into my foundation so it's smoother and more natural, but still gives good coverage.)
CG Bronzer--$6.99
Clinique High Impact mascara: $24.00
Bonne Bell Cotton Candy Lipsmacker: $1.99

TOTAL: $177.94

Oh my God!! And that's just for a lazy weekend day!! This doesn't take into account the additional stuff I use to wash my face and moisturize before bed, occasional face masks, brushes and applicators, etc. Plus, for work I usually use additional products: Clinique eyeshadow and/or eyeliner, Clinique lipgloss or Almost Lipstick, and quite often Benefit BeneTint instead of bronzer, which is something like $35 for a little bottle. I recently switched from using Clinique moisturizer and foundation to cheaper brands, so a couple of months ago this number would have been significantly higher still. Today was actually a pretty cheap day for me, face-wise!

There are some really great products that won't break the bank. Dove shampoo and conditioner, for example, and the Garnier Fructis line are all under $5 and work really well. Like I pointed out above, Cover Girl Advanced Radiance makeup is surprisingly nice. I've used Maybelline Great Lash mascara off and on since high school. My favourite body lotion is Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter (in the brown bottle)...I slather it on and it smells super fresh and feels awesome.

I tend to be willing to spend a little more on things like a really good broad-spectrum sunscreen, eye creams, and other things that have a preventative use instead of just adding colour--hence the Clinique and Aveda stuff.

What about you? How much does your face cost? What products to you like to splurge on, and where do you choose to save?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haha ha... Yeah, I was surprised at MY face on a regular day ($30 something bucks was it?) just sitting around

    But hey..a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do..

    Fabulously Broke in the City

    "Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

    ReplyDelete