Answers!

Monday, December 01, 2014



A couple of you posted some questions for me on my last post. Time for my answers! (If there's anything you would like to know about, feel free to ask away.) 

Amy asked: If you had to live anywhere else in Canada where would you live? 

I have always lived on the east coast: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI. I'm not sure I would want to live anywhere else. That said, there's a lot of Canada I haven't even seen. I haven't been to Newfoundland or BC. I visited the prairies, but never the mountains. I've spent lots of time in Toronto and enough time in Quebec. I really only see myself living on the east coast, but I could probably deal with Toronto for a few years, at least. There are tons of places I'd love to visit and that might change my answer to this question (I feel like BC and I would get along great). 

Kathy asked: How did you get on your exercise/health regimen, ultimately? How do you fit it into your day? 
Growing up I was always very active, but stopped exercising completely in college. I made a few half-assed attempts to get back into it during my early 20s, but my eating and drinking habits were so off the rails it didn't make a difference and I gained a bunch of weight over time. In my mid-20s, I hit a number on the scale and was like, OK, enough. I didn't have a gym membership at the time so I started off taking long walks and incorporating jogging intervals and built up my endurance over time. That's how I started running. I joined a gym to incorporate a little more variety into my routine, but what kept me going was how much better I felt being active: I slept better, I felt happier, I had fewer headaches and was less stressed. It genuinely became a lifestyle thing instead of a short-term plan. 

Fitting it into my day can be a challenge. During the work week I try to go to the gym at lunch, since I'm not an early morning gym person and if I wait until the evening, there's a good chance I talk myself out of going! 

These days, a typical week looks like this (sometimes Monday or Tuesday ends up being a second rest day!): 
Monday: Run 6-8km at lunch
Tuesday: 5km run + core class at lunch ... sometimes yoga in the evening
Wednesday: Spin class at lunch
Thursday: Bodypump class at lunch
Friday: off 
Saturday: Weights
Sunday: Run 10km+

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh, I have questions! (1) What's your makeup/hair routine? (2) How do you decorate your home? (3) Do you find dog ownership hard now that you have a little kid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good questions!! I'll answer these ones over the coming week!

      Delete