In like a lionSaturday, March 02, 2013
Inspired by Thought Catalog's post yesterday, here are 15 things I need from March. Take heed, March, I'm coming for ya.
1. Our passports to fiiiiinally arrive so we can book a vacation for April. Sun, sand, surf STAT.
2. To stop being a gluttonous animal when I get home from work. By 5pm I'm so hungry I get home and actually start going through the fridge and cupboards eating handfuls of whatever I can get my mitts on and it's disgusting. I think I've finally figured out where I'm going wrong with my eating during the day, so hopefully I'll have this in check.
3. More sun. Sup, daylight savings.
4. Less snow. It's March - you can stop with that any time now.
5. More runs outside. Dreadmill season, it's time to GTFO. Just let me be able to navigate the neighbourhood without falling on a patch of ice and shattering my brittle bones.
6. To make a decision about my hair. My bangs are way past "needs a trim" status and are just downright belligerent now. I need to choose: grow them out or cut them one more time? I don't know if I'm up for dealing with sweaty, greasy bangs over the summer. But I feel like the more of my face that's covered by hair, the less sunscreen I'll need? I don't know.
7. No more colds for Eli. Little snuffaluffagus is on #4 of the winter right now, and that seems like more of his fair share. A bit less mucus would be great.
8. To win one basketball game. Just one. It doesn't even need to be a blowout.
9. To be able to wear shoes that aren't boots and a coat that isn't made of wool or stuffed with duck feathers. I don't want to be able to go coatless and in sandals. That's just silly. But a couple days of just putting on flats and a denim jacket, would that be too much to ask?
10. A bouquet of tulips. This is the first item on this list that's actually likely to happen, because I'm probably going to buy some today.
11. New music on my ipod. I've been back on Jay-Z's greatest hits this week, which is fine and dandy, but it feels like a long time since any good new albums have been released.
I guess my list is going to consist of 11 things, not 15, because I just ran out of steam and Eli woke up from his nap.
What do you hope to get out of March this year?