Oh hay.Thursday, November 29, 2012
It's been a while, hasn't it? I just can't seem to wrap my head around a blog post these days.
I'm sorry (not really)(ish).
I promise to try harder. Soon.
I have about a dozen drafts started, but for today, I'll phone it in with a bulleted list. Bulleted lists happen to be my favourite format for anything. Things look 100% more professional and polished when you add bullet points. It's science. Got an assignment you need to hand in and made approximately zero effort? Bullet that noise and it instantly looks like you tried.
Now you know the secrets to my success.
What's been going on the past week and a half or so?
- A half-assed attempt at Black Friday shopping, ending in a flurry of muttered F-bombs and flinging an armful of sweaters back into the pile at American Eagle and storming out of the mall (I fucking hate Christmas shopping).
- A baby who had a cold which turned into a stomach virus. Want to have your heart ripped out? Watch your normally boisterous, active, happy little boy turn miserable for days, not want to eat, in obvious discomfort. So much worse than being sick yourself.
- A bout of food poisoning. Turns out undercooked bacon isn't good for you, even when you have no bacon on your half of the pizza. Runoff bacon juice is also a killer. Lesson learned: cook, then eat.
- Lunchtime runs. A better energy boost for the afternoon than a second cup of coffee.
- A new iPhone for work. New toys!
- Songza.com, all day, every day. They have some great holiday playlists but I've also enjoyed Songs To Raise Your Kids To and 00's One-Hit Wonders.
- I got bangs!
- Procrastinating the following things: getting an oil change (TOMORROW!), ordering Christmas cards, taking the fall decorations down and putting up the holiday ones, framing our new family photos, figuring out what to bake this year.
And how are you?