Writer's Workshop: The Six-Word Memoir

Thursday, June 02, 2011

One of Mama Kat's writing prompts this week is to write a six-word memoir about a significant time in your life. What seemed super easy is now crazy hard.

On graduating high school:
Beer before liquor, never been sicker.
Get me the hell outta town.

On graduating college:
Shit. I have to work now.
This degree is pretty much useless.
I will always be poor. ALWAYS.

On moving to Halifax:
MOST BARS PER CAPITA IN CANADA!!!
Where is all my money going?
Why am I getting so fat?
I need to stop drinking. Soon.

On meeting my husband:
He must have a flaw somewhere.
Better hang on to this one!

On getting married:
Best day ever! Best day ever!
I totally forgot to eat cake.
And I didn't even cry once.

On buying our house:
Some people have horrendous decorating skills.
This amount of money is staggering.
Finally, a place to call home.

On getting our dog:
PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!!!!!
Don't freak when he eats poop.
If he's being quiet - NOT GOOD!!

On baby thus far:
I'm not sure if we're ready.
Yes, we're definitely ready. Ish. Maybe.
We love you already, little one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments