Inside my medicine cabinet

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I have seen some of those "what's in your makeup bag?" posts around lately and decided to take it a step further and share the contents of my medicine cabinet...ooooh. Who cares, right? We don't need to see your Midol, your jumbo generic tampons and your crazy pills. Well, guess what? For a voyeuristic creep like myself I loooove to see what other people keep squirreled away in their bathrooms. And this way, by sharing, you won't feel compelled to snoop when you come over. I put it all out there on the interwebz. #winning



Without further ado...

1. Ginger Gravol. I don't get sick very often but this stuff helps when I'm barfy and have some place to go.
2. Marc Jacobs Daisy. Usually I skip perfume and wear scented lotion instead, but when I do use it, it's either Daisy or Clinique Happy.
3. Astringent. Yes, I'm practically a senior citizen and I still deal with skin issues from time to time. I have been using Clean and Clear for years.
4. Floss & Benefit Georgia blush. I'm trying to get better about flossing every day. I bought this blush on a whim after reading really good reviews of it, but it's a little too light for my skin.
5. Moisturizers...Clinique Dramatically Different lotion is my twice-daily go-to but if I'm feeling a little greasy I use the Body Shop Tea Tree moisturizer instead. Also note that the moisturizers are blocking the view of my jumbo size pack of tampons. STEALTH (until I told you)
6. Jergens Natural Glow lotion. I haven't used this in a while but lately I could pass for a relative of Knut the Polar Bear, (RIP, bless his little soul) so perhaps I'll break it out again and try to get a springy glow.
7. Pantene Pro-V deep conditioning mask. I only use this stuff once in a blue moon but it does a great job making your hair feel less strawlike when it gets too dry.
8. Makeup bag. Look familiar? It was part of a Clinique gift with purchase. Inside it you will find concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner, and mascara as well as eye cream and sunscreen. I'm pretty low maintenance with the makeup these days, no one to impress anymore now that I'm old and married.
9. St. Ives Clay Mask. Love this stuff!
10. Yves Rocher Chocolate Orange lotion. Part of a gift set I got for Christmas. Smells exactly like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Doesn't taste like one, though.
11. Tresemme dry shampoo. For the laziest of lazy days.
12. Body Shop assorted products. Here we have a foot lotion, a mask, hand cream and rose water face spray...all lovely.
13. Deodorant...pretty self-explanatory. Always Dove!
14. Pete's one and only contribution to this cabinet haha. Q-tips. (Also one of the toothbrushes is his, and he uses the toothpaste. That's it. Don't worry, he does bathe. He uses another bathroom).

Now you know all my secrets!

I just realized that other than the Gravol we actually have no "medicine" in our "medicine cabinet". Hmm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments