, , ,

In the mood for food

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Sometimes I feel like I eat all day long or like I'm constantly putting food in my mouth.

I have a pretty rigid eating routine on work days:

8:00 AM - Breakfast
9:00 AM - Coffee when I get to work
10:00 AM - Snack
12:00 noon - Lunch
3:00 PM - Snack
7:00 PM - Dinner

Is that a lot? I know you're supposed to eat every few hours but sometimes I feel like quite the heff, eating every time I turn around. I don't understand how people can skip breakfast and go all the way to lunch without eating anything. I would actually die. If my little routine gets interrupted (for example, there's a morning meeting and I can't have a snack until 11:00) I get UPSET. The whole day is off. I like my routine. In a chaotic world, it's one of the few things I can control. I like knowing that I can eat a snack at 3:00 regardless of what else is going on.

None of my meals are usually huge - for example, today for breakfast I had a peanut-butter-banana wrap, morning snack was a Special K bar, lunch was a soup and some trail mix and a soy latte. I have an apple for my afternoon snack. Dinner will probably be a stir-fry or leftover noodles and there better be a brownie to top it all off. Maybe that's a lot of food. Maybe it's not.

I almost always bring lunch from home, unless there's a lunch outing with my coworkers or with friends. Usually it's a salad, sandwich, or soup. I have been on quite the soup kick lately - two minutes in the microwave and you're good to go. When it's minus-22 outside, a nice hot soup can be a comfort halfway through the day. If I make a sandwich, it's always either peanut butter/banana, grilled veggie, or turkey, because those are the only kinds of sandwiches worth eating, IMHO. (Unless it's grilled cheese, but you CAN NOT bring a nasty ass soggy cold grilled cheese and eat it hours after grilling). Salads are awesome because you feel all vicarious and healthy eating them, but then you're ready to gnaw your own arm off an hour later. I like to put nuts on them (TWSS) and goat cheese and other proteiny things that probably make my "healthy" salads nutritional disasters.

So now that I've dorked out over food, tell me your eating habits. I want to know if anybody else follows a facist regime when it comes to eating, and also, if you bring your lunch, what do you pack? Gotta go, it's 3:00 apple time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments