, , , , ,

Saturday, February 21: A Red-Letter Day

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why was today so sweet? Let me count the ways:

1. I started off the day with a 4.3-ish mile run. AWESOME. I love running in the morning, both because it gets it out of the way nice and early and frees up my schedule for the rest of the day, and because it gives me such a nice burst of energy that lasts a while and a sense of accomplishment that stays with me all day long.

2. When I was in the shower post-run, H2B went to Starbucks and bought me my grande coffee with nonfat milk and Splenda. He's trained really well.

3. Megan and I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic--mediocre film made much better by the fact that a) it's buy one ticket for regular price, get the second for $1.99 weekend at Empire and b) it meant we had Kid's Packs for lunch.

4. Went to Michael's, saw the wedding invitation DIY options, and was able to relax a little.

5. Painted two new acrylics. I'm a shitty painter, but I'm really liking these two. They're a set and I'm very happy with the end result. Clueless was on while I painted which was a great little blast from the past.

6. Cinnamon buns are baking as I speak so the apartment smells all domestic and cinnamony.

7. Next up is dinner and drinkypoos at Moxie's with H2B, Adam, and Heather. Super pumped for that (I'm starving and have been sneaking bites of raw cinnamon bun dough for the past hour.) I plan to get shittered and foolish. After that we'll either head downtown or back here for some Guitar Hero. Either option sounds equally appealing.

I'm feeling 100% better today compared to earlier this week, when I was all funky and down. I love Saturdays like this where I'm productive but don't head into the weekend with a ton of plans. Best day I've had in a long time.

<3

You Might Also Like

0 comments