Blastoff

Monday, February 24, 2014

I love countdowns. I like music countdowns: I used to listen to Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 faithfully every week and make mix tapes of TLC and Jewel. I like stupid end-of-year video countdowns on MuchMusic. And I especially like counting down the days (sleeps?) to a special event marked on my calendar. Here are some current countdowns that are serving as my light at the end of the tunnel and keeping me out of the winter loony bin. 




13 DAYS until Daylight Savings Time begins on March 9. An extra hour of daylight after work? YES PLEASE.
24 DAYS until the first day of spring, March 20. Even though it will probably feel like winter long after that day has passed. 
48 DAYS until Mad Men is back on AMC!
49 DAYS until we GTFO for Jamaica on April 14. A whole week of sun, surf, and sand with my two favourite boys in the world. 
55 DAYS until Easter, which we'll be spending in Jamaica...I don't know what Jamaican Easter will involve. Easter jerk chicken? Is that inappropriate? I don't even know. 
64 DAYS until my birthday. I'm prrrrrrobably too old to care or get excited about birthdays but come on. Birthday cake. Plus, we'll be back from our beach trip, so I'll be face-first into any and all carbs & sugar bonanzas within reach.
83 DAYS until I am scheduled to run my first full marathon. Based on how my 12-mile run went yesterday...no. It may end up being a half. 
84 DAYS until May 2-4 long weekend, which will probably be spent recovering from my marathon, not getting day-drunk like a good Canadian.
304 DAYS until Christmas.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ohhh, are you running the full Bluenose?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do it, and I'm working my way through the training plan, but it's getting rull serious. I just don't know if I'm cut out to do a full. My plan right now is to work through the schedule and if it becomes too much, bail and do a shorter distance. I'm definitely not registering yet!

      Delete