A few favourites

Saturday, February 16, 2013

[via]

1. Breakfast for dinner. We had pancakes on Tuesday and eggs benny on Wednesday. Breakfast foods are just so great, but during the week, we don't have time to whip up much more than a banana and peanut butter or a bowl of oatmeal before rushing out the door. Ergo, breakfast for dinner. Why not?

2. Valentine's Day. V-Day haters, I don't get it. Single, attached, confused - eat something chocolatey and tell someone you love them, even if it's your mom, your cat, or your best pair of boots. We exchanged cards, ate a pasta and wine feast at home, and watched Skyfall, and it was lovely. (PS - this is the recipe I made for dinner. It didn't take long at all and the results were delicious! And here's the wine we paired it with.)

3. Friday treats. I work across the street from a Starbucks, which is dangerous. All that coffee! All those delicious concoctions, only a moment's walk away! I try to limit it to one "fancy" drink a week and usually make Fridays my treat day. Yesterday I had a soy chai latte and it was just perfect.

4. A little more sunshine. I can keep my sunglasses on the entire drive home now! Days are getting longer and daylight savings is only about a month away. It's a small thing, but it's huge at the same time.

5. St. Ives Olive Cleanser. I found this at the drugstore for like $4. In the winter, soap is just a wee bit on the drying side so I've been looking for something milder. This is a nice, gentle cleanser that does the job without costing a million bucks. Win!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE Valentine's Day. Always have no matter the relationship status. Sounds like you had fun!

    ... I'm left to dream about Starbucks now, four long hours away from here. It's a once a month kinda treat for me. Consider yourself lucky! Wah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stock up on lots of their Via packets to get you through to your next trip to the city :)

      Delete