Writer's Workshop: InventionsThursday, May 03, 2012
This week's Writer's Workshop prompt is to write about an invention you'd like to see created. Somebody get on these, please.
1. Something that allows babies to be born without having to actually be pushed out (or c-sectioned out, whatever the case may be). Osmosis? Teleportation? Straight-up magic tricks?
2. Phones that simply will not text if you're driving.
3. A clean laundry folder-and-put-away-er. Why did they stop at washing and drying? That's only two-thirds of the laundry battle. Keep going, Maytag peeps!
4. Calorie-free everything. Pizza and pasta and beer and cookies. And no nasty side effects (remember that fake fat, Olestra? Side effects included "anal leakage". No wonder it didn't take off.)
5. Private little pods for air travel, Jetsons style. Imagine how nice it would be to fly to your destination without all the rigamarole of going through the whole airport dog and pony show and the general grossness of flying.
6. Dog poop that disintegrates upon hitting the ground - no pickup required on walks, no surprise Easter eggs left scattered on the lawn. (Holler at cha girl if the snow melted this spring to reveal a graveyard of half-disintegrated winter poops.)
7. Ovens that heat up instantly. Maybe such a thing already exists, I don't know. If it does, I don't have one. I do know that waiting for the oven to get to 350 is agonizing when I'm hungry NOW. #firstworldproblems
8. High heels that are legitimately comfortable...perhaps with a built-in foot massage contraption.
Thanks Mama Kat for the Writer's Workshop prompts!