,

Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend...

Friday, May 06, 2011

Confession: every Friday morning when I wake up and go downstairs I sing Rebecca Black to the dog. "Seven AM, waking up in the morning. Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs." He stares at me. Sometimes he barks at me, which I interpret as "I loooove your singing, especially THIS PARTICULAR SONG!" so I sing louder and louder as his barks get sharper and more agitated. We're pretty much best friends.

Speaking of Rory, here he is now. Eight months old and as handsome as ever:



This weekend is my parents' birthday. Same birthday, yep. It makes it very easy to remember but financially sucky as it's always nicer when birthday gifts are spread out over the course of the year. Four out of five people in my immediate family have their birthdays within a four-week span.

I'll be heading to New Brunswick No Funswick after work to celebrate birthdays with my family, a shopping trip with my sister tomorrow, and who knows what other fun and frivolity. On Sunday Peter and I are heading to New Glasgow so I can meet my little niece Madelyn for the first time. She's five days old today. I'm a bit scared to hold her. I'm also hoping to get to see "Something Borrowed" this weekend and might attempt baking brown bread.

What are you up to this weekend?

Happy Friday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments