2010 In Review

Thursday, December 30, 2010

January: January started off the shits with regular work-inspired panic attacks, sleeplessness, anxiety, etc. I discovered the joy that is wearing sweatpants. Peter and I decided to start thinking about shopping for a house.

February: Everybody was cheering on Canada at the Olympics in Vancouver (well, everybody in Canada was cheering on Canada). We started looking at homes and I continued to freak out at work.

March: In a last-ditch effort to preserve my sanity I took on the Six O'Clock Challenge with a goal of leaving the office and not checking my Blackberry after 6pm for a week. House hunting continued.

April: We went to the Dominican Republic for a week of sun, sand, and an ear infection that rendered me unable to go swimming or drink alcohol. Arriba! I turned 29 on the 29th and freaked out about it. We put in an offer on our house, and it was accepted.

May: I started my new job and immediately felt better about everything. That's all I got for May. Ummm...I went to the dentist!

June: June was spent getting ready for the big move, trying to spend time outside and soak up the sun, and settling into the new job. I started playing softball and realized how it's undoubtedly my very worst sport.

July: Moving month! We moved into our new home around the middle of July and spent a lot of the month cleaning, painting, and learning how to do things like put in light fixtures and hang curtain rods. My sister got married at the end of the month and I was her maid of honour, and I'm proud to say I only cried twice. I got my first Coach bag and promptly named him Cedric.

August: Toured a Navy boat during Fleet Week, went to the beach a few times, had my annual fried clam feast, and did a bunch of other summery activities. We murdered the ants that were plaguing our kitchen.

September: We went to Boston to see a Red Sox game, shop, drink, and visit the New England Aquarium - it was a fantastic road trip and we've already talked about going again next summer. We attended the wedding of two friends and hosted a little housewarming party. We wrapped up the softball season with a third-place finish in the league.

October: Celebrated our first Halloween in the new house with a whopping 87 trick-or-treaters. Our first wedding anniversary was also in October and we went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon to celebrate - both were amazing. Spent Thanksgiving in New Brunswick and picked a gazillion apples.

November: Attempted NaBloPoMo. Failed. Attempted the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge. Succeeded! I made 30 different outfits from 30 different pieces of clothing and didn't shop all month in November! (I still haven't posted the pictures...eeee.) I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding. We also brought home our little Rory Calhoun.

December: Celebrated our first Christmas in the new house. Cuddled the puppy. Visited with our families and friends. Felt cozy, happy, and loved.

It's been a great year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments