What's for dinner?

Monday, September 12, 2016

Over the summer, meal planning (and cooking in general) took a hit at our house. Between having a new baby on the scene and sky-high temperatures and humidity, turning on the oven or hovering over a hot stovetop were the last things I felt like doing. At lunch, we often resorted to what Eli calls "snacky plate": cheese, crackers, and cut-up fruit and veggies. For dinner we ate a lot of barbecue and a lot of takeout.

Now that cooler temperatures are sloooowly returning, Eli's in school, and we're all feeling that fresh-start-September vibe, meal planning is back on. It's nice to have one less thing to think about on a weeknight. Here's our menu for this week:

[Monday] perogies and spinach salad. Frozen perogies are one of my favourite shortcut dinners - pair them with a side of veggies and it feels like a pretty decent meal. I'm planning to make this salad, which sounds super simple but delicious.

[Tuesday] chicken shawarma - this is my favourite shawarma recipe, and I haven't made it in a couple months.

[Wednesday] quesadillas and corn salsa.

[Thursday] butter chicken (I picked up this butter chicken sauce in Lunenburg recently and am excited to try it) paired with white rice, because simple carbs are my love language.

[Friday] pizza (always).

I just treated myself to Oh She Glows Every Day, and I'm looking forward to trying some new dinner recipes. I love the original Oh She Glows cookbook, as does my carnivorous family, and there are some dishes in the new book that look super good. I can't wait to get back in the kitchen this fall.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Have you ever given Epicure a try? (I'm not even a consultant but I've been shoving it down peoples throat lately. Quite literally, actually.)
    A few months ago, after a long investigation, my husband was diagnosed with Celiac Disease - our pantry and fridge got a good cleaning out and my spice cabinet took a major hit. Then I learned all things Epicure are GF. I am SO impressed with their products and long story short, their butter chicken is BOMB.

    ReplyDelete