Friday Links

Friday, January 30, 2015



This week has felt super weird and I think a lot of it's weather-related. We had a snowstorm on Tuesday, which meant a snow day and working from home; back to the office on Wednesday, and then I had another surprise work-from-home day yesterday after my first bus was 40 minutes late and my backup bus got into an accident before we even got on the highway. It just didn't feel like I was meant to be on the bus yesterday, so I took my laptop and went home to work for the day. Do you ever have situations like that, where it feels like you're just not meant to do something?

Here are some links I've been loving this week:

[+] Puppies! Uber offered puppy delivery to businesses on Wednesday! Sadly, it was only available in some US cities. I'm sure the team at my office would've been all over this.

[+] 16 songs to listen to based on your favourites from 1989. I took a 1989 break over the holidays to listen to Christmas music but I'm back into it again. A couple months ago I was all about Shake It Off and Blank Space. Now I can't get enough of New Romantics, Bad Blood, and Style. I love the whole album, really.

[+] A friend just turned me on to 1861.ca and now I'm obsessing over their dresses. (Like this, this, and this.) And my favourite J. Crew dress is back with some new details.

[+] This week, I made homemade tortillas and vowed once again to never buy tortillas. They're so easy to make and so much more delicious at home. I made these honey-lime sweet potato, corn, and black bean tacos on 'em. TO DIE. Also amazing: mashed avocado, lime juice, and sea salt on a fresh, still-warm-from-the-pan tortillas.

[+] This new forest school is opening in Halifax with a goal of getting kids outside, into nature, and away from so much screen time. I love this idea. Right now, it's just for preschool kids, and it would be amazing to see an option for bigger kids, too.

[+] Thinking pretty seriously about signing up for this wine and dash event in June. Running + wine = my two favourite things. However, 10 miles plus booze seems ambitious. Sprint to the first wine station and walk the rest? ;)

Happy Friday, kids. Hope you all enjoy the Superb Owl this weekend.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE New Romantics!!! I'm totally checking out that link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually salivated when I read about your lime avocado tortilla goodness! MM!

    Crazy weather you guys are having lately. :/

    ReplyDelete