five things to do with an old sweaterThursday, October 18, 2012
1. Make fake socks to wear with your boots this fall. Just cut the sleeves off an old sweater, pull 'em up over your jeans, and you've got the look of cozy, warm layers without the bulkiness and sweaty-foot issues of heavy socks.
2. Get a heart on (AH HA. AH HAHAHA SAY IT OUT LOUD, GET IT?) Mimic the look of the J. Crew heart sweater and its more frugal Old Navy lookalike by stitching a heart on the front of an old sweater or T-shirt. Here's a DIY that seems fairly simple, even for the most craftily challenged.
3. Make a cushion. Instructions can be found here
4. Cut the sleeves off, slide them over a mason jar or a bottle, and voila - vases!
5. You can even cut the sleeves into strips to use in wrapping gifts.
(all images found on Pinterest. Of course.)