currently...

Thursday, October 24, 2013


[eating] We made this for dinner tonight and there are lots of leftovers...and I'm OK with that. Making this dish couldn't have been easier and it was so nice to come home to a hot dinner all but ready (just had to make the rice!) I see a lot more slow cooking in my future.

[drinking] Less coffee, more water and green tea. I'm trying to stick to a cup of coffee a day. That said, I got a soy pumpkin spice latte this morning because I was feeling very treat-yo-self-esque.

[moving] More weights (2x/week)...I try to do a BodyPump class mid-week and a good solid weights day on the weekend and I feel more balanced doing more weights and less straight cardio all the time. Running probably 3x/week. Plus, lots of walks with the boys since this weather is perfect.

[making] The never-ending superhero cross stitch that I've been working on for a year and a half off and on. Carving pumpkins this weekend! That counts, right? I haven't been very crafty lately.

[baking] I made an apple pie with a lattice crust on the weekend and am thinking some pumpkin doughnuts this weekend sound like a pretty good idea.

[reading] The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner. I signed it out from the library and had to renew it this week. I just can't get into it and cannot get through it. Suggestions for what I should read next?

[watching] The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad season 1, the World Series, and the occasional scary movie. Tis the season!

[wanting] The Red Sox to win the series. Beards > birds.

[needing] More sleep. A day to do nothing. A haircut. A dentist appointment. I need to get two pairs of shoes fixed, take the dog to the groomer, and finish Eli's Halloween costume. Also need to buy Eli's snowsuit and boots. NO PRESSURE!

[craving] Special K Popcorn Chips - the sweet and salty flavour. I have to hide them or I'll eat a million.

[wishing] I had more days in the week and more hours in the day. Doesn't everyone?

[waiting] for Christmas. Ho-Ho comes two months from RIGHT NOW!!!!!

[wearing] skinny jeans, ankle boots and sweaters. And a lot of comfy things around the house. At this time of year more than any other, I cannot get out of my "real clothes" quick enough the second I get home from work and into something cozy.

[loving] B&BW Pumpkin Caramel Latte candles, iPhone white noise app, colouring with Eli, walking on crunchy leaves, infinity scarves, Cards Against Humanity.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I need to do some crockpot cookin'. I bought the thing last year but haven't used it yet. I want to try several recipes from http://paleopot.com/. And I second you on the comfy-as-soon-as-in-door thing. Especially this past week. I'm getting sick/am sick and I just wanna sleeeeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it a lot more in the fall and winter for whatever reason. It's just so easy though, I could do it every day! I plan on having buffalo chicken sandwiches this week...like on Thursday...and I'm already excited :)

      Delete