fall bucket list

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's officially fall. I haven't pulled the scarecrows out of storage or broken out the boots just yet, but it's almost that time. There's a little nip in the air in the mornings and it's dark at 7:30. There aren't going to be any more beach days. I feel like the next Yankee Candle Car Jar I buy is going to be the pumpkin spice one.



As much as I hate on anyone who tries to rush the onset of fall, it's my favourite season. I love the weather, I love football, I love Thanksgiving and I love Halloween. I love not sweating my balls off when I'm trying to fall asleep. I love a Saturday afternoon in the park, scuffing through fallen leaves and sipping a hot beverage spiked with nutmeg. 

Let's make a list of all kinds of awesome things to do this fall, shall we? 

[+] make pumpkin lasagna
[+] paint some adorable Halloween wine bottles
[+] see a football game
[+] go on a winery tour in the valley
[+] go apple picking
[+] make applesauce and an apple crisp
[+] visit a pumpkin patch and corn maze with Eli
[+] do a fall photo shoot with Eli (Christmas card season is just around the corner, after all)
[+] DIY Halloween costume for Eli 
[+] carve a decent pumpkin. Or if that's unsuccessful, paint one or two
[+] do the aforementioned park walk with crunchy leaves and a latte
[+] run in the Lucky 7 relay
[+] do something useful with an old sweater
[+] get our Propeller growler filled up with pumpkin ale. Drink and repeat.
[+] have a scary movie night

P.S. - here's how I did with my summer bucket list



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. OH MAN, that lasagna!

    Also - pumpkin ale! Propeller assured me two weeks ago (as I jumped out of the car in gridlocked traffic to run into the store) that the wait was almost over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lasagna is going to be either the best or worst dish ever. We'll see :)
      I can't wait for pumpkin ale! St. Ambroise pumpkin ale is at the NSLC but I love getting my growler filled up at Propeller!

      Delete
    2. Joe has donated my propeller growler to the greater good of our home decor - it's currently a flower vase. Ou! I may need to stop by the NSLC - I love St. Ambroise, but I also lovelovelove me some Rickard's Cardigan.

      Delete
  2. cant wait to here the outcome of the lasagna, please hurry up and test drive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just waiting for a cold weekend (I have very specific baking conditions, haha). This weekend is supposed to be warm and probably not lasagna time. But soon!

      Delete