10 on Tuesday

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

1. What are 3 things that are on your Christmas wishlist?
I have to limit it to three?! New running shoes, Glamour subscription, and books. Honestly coming up with a wish list this year was hard. I really just want to spend lots of time with my family, eat good food, watch some Christmas movies and maaaybe go snowshoeing if Mother Nature cooperates.

2. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night for the classics, All I Want for Christmas is You for the pop-tart variety.

3. Do you have a favorite band or singer that sings it especially awesome?
Obviously Mariah kills AIWFCIY (it took me longer to type that acronym than to write out the goddamn song title). I like Kelly Clarkson's rendition of Oh Holy Night but there are tons of great ones!

4. Have you heard about the website goodreads?
Negative.

5. What are 3 books you want to read?
11/22/63, Sarah's Key, The Virgin Cure. Again, limiting it to three is hard.

6. Do you hunt deer?
LOL what? Where the hell did this question come from? Christmas Christmas Christmas ANIMALMURDER Christmas Christmas...

7. Have you started Christmas shopping? Are you completely finished?
I'm almost done Christmas shopping. The only person I have left to buy for is my baby, and since he doesn't know it's Christmas anyway, he's not getting anything. JUST KIDDING CHILD SERVICES! We're hoping to finish his shopping tonight. I also need to shop for the dogs. Rory gets his own stocking and then he gives presents to all the dogs in the family, which means he has to get something for my sister's rabbit too, so she doesn't feel left out, poor Lola. So that's one baby, three dogs, and one rabbit to go.

8. Did you shop on Black Friday? What was the best deal you got?
I shopped online - Gap, Amazon and American Eagle. I got myself this "snood" from AE for 40% off. I had no idea they were called "snoods". And yes, I buy Christmas presents for myself while I shop for others.

9. What’s one holiday tradition your family has?
We open one gift on Christmas Eve. We did this when we were kids, and Peter and I continue it now. We also have a treat of some sort - candy cane ice cream, Bailey's and coffee, shortbread cookies, whatever you fancy - and watch A Christmas Story.

10. How many blogs do you read? Do you subscribe/unsubscribe often or do you purge every once in a while?
I probably read 50-60 regularly and maybe 20 daily, but that varies. Sometimes I'll just sit for hours and click through people's blogrolls to find new reads. Other days I may not look at any blogs. 

Thanks, Roots and Rings for the 10 on Tuesday questions!

You Might Also Like

0 comments