, ,

Sick of it all.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dark mornings. Being cold all the time. Having to wear layers, including alternating the same two pairs of knee-high flat boots every other day. Having to go out mid-morning and move my car to avoid getting a ticket. The dog eating his poop and chewing the baseboards. Getting tired at 9:00 p.m. every night. No one wanting to come over because we live "too far out of town". No great movies in the theatre. No long weekends for months. Waking up to snow - even when it melts by noon. Nail polish that chips within a day. Passive-aggressive Internet snark. Having the same playlist on my ipod shuffle ever since Limewire shit the bed. The old woman in the gym who takes 10 minutes to get herself situated before she starts walking on the treadmill. The treadmill TVs not working. Not being able to find a parking space. Overflowing garbage cans. Not having a tan. Not going south. My looming birthday, one month from today. I'm not prepared. Paying more than $50 to fill my gas tank for the first time. Not having a decent desk chair in my home office. Furballs everywhere. Same soup for lunch for two weeks straight. Everything takes so long. There's not enough time to do anything. Consistently feeling like something is wrong, like something bad's going to happen. It's like running a low-grade fever for months that just won't go away.

I'm so sick of everything. First world problems? Definitely. Do they add up and take their toll? Absolutely.

I need it to be spring. I need something new to happen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments