Work It

Thursday, November 04, 2010

I'm sitting here, watching Gossip Girl season 2, writer's blocked to the max, and reminiscing on Serena's consistently shitty taste in guys as my iPod updates, when I stumbled across Liz's recent post about her playlist for working out. I decided to post my workout playlist as well, since I've got my iTunes open anyway.

I have...questionable taste when it comes to workout music. It's not that it's bad music. It's just not very good. Criteria for workout music = fast, upbeat, loud, something that a stripper could potentially strip to. Three out of four of the above characteristics - that's pretty much all it takes to make it onto the ol' iPod these days.

Here's what I've been listening to in the gym lately. Try not to laugh:

Lady Gaga - Alejandro
Lil Wayne - Get Something (he's out of prison! Which means we're in for more "musical" treats!)
OK Go - Get Over It
Far East Movement - Like a G6
LMFAO - Get Crazy
Jay Z - On To the Next One
Ke$ha - Take it Off
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You
Florence and the Machine - Kiss With a Fist
Kanye West - Power
My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na
N.E.R.D. - Hot and Fun

Et cetera...What do you like to listen to when you're working out?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. It's like you're reading my mind... I was sitting here finishing up the dishes and listening to my "dance" playlist - aka my "running, etc" playlist. I lost most of my songs when I had my computer reformatted (blast) but here are the few that I salvaged:

    Robyn - Dancing in the Corner
    Miike Snow - Animal
    Gwen Stefani - What Are You Waiting For
    Noisettes - Don't Upset The Rhythm
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite
    Louis XIV - Finding Out True Love Is Blind
    Lykke Li - Little Bit (CSS Remix)

    It's sad really - I used to have such a great list. BTW, I know about 3 of the songs on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like songs with a hard beat, catchy tune and techno usually fits the bill. But more melodious techno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pendulum! "Witchcraft" is a fantastic workout song! Bloc Party's "Banquet" is great too... and you've gotta add Metro Station "Shake It" in there... shake shake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly when I "work out" (i.e. walk the dog) it's got to be brutal metal or showtunes.

    Anything from Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hedwig and the Angry Inch or Avenue Q.

    Anything by Slayer, Slipknot, Judas Priest, Behemoth, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaahaha I can only run to Michael Buble and Josh Groban. I have NO idea why because the pace is slow but it motivates me. lol. My sister asked to borrow my shuffle (I use a shuffle for running and IPod for normal music) one day and now thinks I'm insane. At the end of my run I switch to THE BLACK PARADE (My Chemical Romance) for a big finish lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree 1000% percent with your criteria. I also tend to listen to older music, not quite 80's but definitely nothing you'd hear in a club right now. Pretty much as soon as I'm no longer sick of a song that The Bounce overplayed it goes on my list.

    -Circus by Britney Spears
    -Dirty by Xtina
    -Robot Rock by Daft Punk

    etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't updated my workout playlist in a while (because I haven't been working...slacker that I am) but I see several songs on your list that will be added to mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah - I need to add Robyn to my list! Thanks for reminding me!

    FB - a good beat is a must :)

    Emily Jane - Metro Station would be a good add. Haven't heard of the others but I'll check them out!

    Joebot - Brutal metal and showtunes seems like a weird combo!

    Jenilee - Josh Groban and Michael Buble sound like they'd be hilarious to run to! Black Parade is awesome!

    RV - Britney and Christina show up pretty frequently on my playlist too!

    Aubrey - Happy to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like a g6 like a g6....

    God I LOVE that song.

    ReplyDelete