In Summation

Friday, November 05, 2010

The good:

-it's Friday
-I have lots of fun weekend plans to look forward to - breakfast out with hubby tomorrow at our favourite cafe, bachelorette party tomorrow night for my cousin, and a full day of recovery and sloth behaviour planned for Sunday
-I went to the gym this morning and ran my errands at lunch, so I don't need to leave the house on this disgusting hurricaney evening
-I have the new Kings of Leon to listen to in the car
-we got Netflix
-Lil Wayne is out of jail
-eggnog is back in the grocery store

The bad:

-it's a torrential downpour outside and it's supposed to continue for days
-my hair looks like uncooperative shit - to the point that I might cut my own bangs tonight with kitchen scissors because it can't get any worse
-all the good puppies are so expensive
-I have made almost zero progress on my Christmas shopping list
-I have to shell out so much money this month ($1,170 car insurance, $40 oil change, however much for a tire change and undercoating - that's just on the car alone - there's tons more) and none of the expenses are fun ones

The ugly:

-our front door seam is leaking and water is currently pouring into the house a la Niagara Falls. But don't worry, I have a kitchen towel there to stop the leak! Hey-oh, homegrown solutions WHAT WHAT!
-we watched The Human Centipede last night. Unfortunately, what they say is true: once you've seen it, you can't un-see it.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love that you included Lil Wayne being out of jail in your list! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUMAN CENTIPEDE!!!

    I'm dying to see this movie. I know it's gross. That's OK. I like gross. (Famous last words.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hklover86 - Lil Wayne's freedom is definitely good news in this girl's books :D

    RV - You need to see it. The worst parts aren't even the obvious centipede-ism!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy! Have you checked out petfinder.com? There's lots of great shelters that are willing to send animals from far and wide. My good friends run a shelter in Meadow Lake and they've sent dogs and cats to the states, and across Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My jaw dropped at the cost of your car insurance. That's craziness!!! I love the mention of the new KoL CD. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy - I haven't tried that link but I'll check it out! Thanks :)

    Clueless - that's for the year, but that's a clean driving record AND the cheapest rate I could find plus a loyalty discount as I've used the same insurance co since I was a teenager. Yep...insane.

    ReplyDelete