, , , ,

Traditions

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

We've gone apple picking as a family every October since Eli was born. This was his third trip to the orchard and once again we had a fantastic time filling our bag with fresh apples, sampling a few on the way, and plotting some of the delicious goodies we'll make from our harvest (this year: apple butter, applesauce, apple crisp, and maybe some muffins? Plus plenty for snacks with almond butter). Apples just taste better when they're straight off the tree.






I love creating traditions as a family, even ones as simple as picking apples on Thanksgiving weekend, having a scary movie marathon on Halloween night, or getting new Christmas jammies to wear on Christmas Eve. Many of my favourite memories from when I was a little one were holiday traditions, and I hope when Eli gets bigger he looks forward to our annual trips to the orchard or the Santa Claus parade or the ice cream stand on the last day of school or whatever the case may be. 

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend: a whole lot of good food, tons of fresh air, and Pete and I even got to sneak out Saturday night for a movie date, which doesn't happen often. We went to see Gone Girl and loved it. I found it super creepy and pretty true to the book. Peter was mega creeped out, probably because he didn't know what to expect! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Those traditions are important and will be so special to Eli growing up. Our family has little traditions too that I look forward to every year as the seasons change and holidays come and go, and I can't wait to introduce them to my future munchkins. You can't beat new jammies on Christmas Eve!

    I'm excited to hear you enjoyed Gone Girl and that it was true to the book. I can't wait to see it and I'm definitely dragging G with me... I want him to see what us women are capable of... LOL

    ReplyDelete