Currently // OCTOBER

Wednesday, October 07, 2015



making// THIS SOUP! I've made it twice in two weeks. The first time I used carrots, the second time it was made with butternut squash. The next round will feature sweet potato. It's easy to throw together, even on a weeknight, which is saying something, because usually when I arrive home after work I just want to take my pants off and pass out under the nearest blanket. 

eating// soup. Girl Guide cookies. Greek yogurt with granola. Just crushed some veggie pad thai for lunch. 

drinking// water, coffee, and tea - I've started drinking a cup of tea after I get to work rather than going to Starbucks. My favourites of late are Tazo green ginger and Davids Tea Pumpkin Maté

reading// Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

listening to// Vance Joy, Lana Del Rey, and 90s hiphop, as per usual

loving// fall weather! Being able to fall asleep without A/C is the best. 

hating// Feeling like time is going too fast. Eli turns four next month and starts school next September. NOT READY. 

watching// Fear the Walking Dead, Mindy Project

wearing// I got these black booties recently and have been really liking them paired with skinny pants. They are very versatile, comfy and cheap! Also, these New Balance on the weekends. 

planning// Bathroom renos! Plus an apple picking extravaganza. 

anticipating// Thanksgiving weekend - my favourite holiday of the year. 

dreading// making a dentist appointment. It's with a new dentist, too, so who knows what kind of oral disasters they'll find? 

working on// all kinds of work projects. It's been a busy few weeks, plus I'm into 2016 planning mode for some clients, which is fun but also challenging. Who can predict the future and know what kinds of effort will have the biggest payoff? Not this kid! 

feeling// busy, happy

wanting// a day off. No obligations. No plans. 

needing// to go to the post office - the stupidest errand which I've been putting off for weeks! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Totally making that soup! And I can't wait to read this second book of Mindy's! I'm currently reading Girl in the Woods and it's very good.

    ReplyDelete