Survey says...

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

This picture has nothing to do with this post. It was taken at 7am today. In it, you can see many of my favourite things.
I've seen this survey posted on a few blogs here and there, and while I didn't get tagged to fill it out (and I'm not tagging anybody to do so), I feel like blogging today but I have nothing exciting to talk about. I'm having a good week, I went to the gym today and didn't punch anyone, the Patriots are going to the Super Bowl, it's not pouring rain today - all is good in the hood, in a nutshell, but not very exciting blog fodder. I'm not complaining.
1) What is my current health related goal?
Weeeeeeeell, funny you should ask! I've been doing no added/refined sugars this month, but tomorrow is Peter's birthday, and there will be cake. I don't want to be a party pooper, and therefore my no-sugar month is ruined. Giving up sugar for the month has made me feel a little better. At the first of January, I was sleeping like shit and my skin was totally broken out, and both of those problems have disappeared. I'm not sure if it's sugar related or just a coincidence. The takeaway here is I'll be eating a lot less sweet stuff going forward. 
Other than that my goal has been to do more strength training every week. I used to do one BodyPump class each week, plus do full-body weights on my own on the weekend. I've split the weights into upper body and leg day, so I can do a little more at a time, plus BodyPump. It's too early to tell if this is beneficial, but I have been able to up my weights at the gym, fiiiiinally. 
2) What is my biggest irrational fear?
My biggest fear is people "getting" me or my family - like breaking into the house, kidnapping Eli, stabbing me in my bed...but that feels like a legit fear. Sooooo let's go with mice in the office. I work in an old building, there are mice, and I saw one once, and it wasn't good.
3) Do I enjoy wrapping presents?
I do, but only one or two at a time. You can tell which presents I wrapped first because they look nice and tidy and get progressively more sloppy and disheveled as the wrapping goes on. 
4) What is my favorite cross training activity?
Wednesday spin class.
5) If you came to visit me, what would we do?
We'd definitely go to lunch at Obladee Wine Bar, which is just down the block from my office and my favourite lunch spot in town right now. After eating and getting a little boozy, we could grab coffee and check out the farmer's market for some goodies, then go for a walk on the waterfront or in Point Pleasant Park. At this point our wine buzz would be gone, so it would be a good time to head to Stillwell and sample one of their daily beers on tap before grabbing some sushi takeout and heading home to spend the evening Netflixing. Let's be real, I can't stay up past 10pm so there's not going to be any crazy nightlife. 
6) I have two weeks off work and two round trip plane tickets to anywhere. Where would I go and who would I take?
Lately I have been doing a lot of travel writing for work, which makes me want to go everywhere, and it changes every day. Last week all I wanted was to visit Norway. I think I'd pick Spain, and I'd take the boys. 
7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to me during a run or a race? 
Mud Hero 2013. Soaked tank top + unlined sports bra = nip city. Couldn't even share the photos from the finish because that shit was NSFW. 
8) Three best days of my life? Or at least the top three that come to mind.
The day Eli was born, our wedding day, and I'll say my 30th birthday. Woke up at 6am to watch the Royal Wedding, Pete made me breakfast, and we flew to NYC to celebrate.
9) Okay, so I HAVE to eat a fast food meal. Which restaurant would I choose and what do I order? 
McDonald's Big Mac meal with McChicken sauce and honey for the fries. Hubba hubba. 
10) Have I ever met a celebrity?
I met William H. Macy when I was working as a reporter and he was making a movie at a penitentiary near my hometown. I saw Pharrell on a plane, and he's teeny, but we didn't actually meet. 
11) Share a pic of myself in non-workout clothes.
This is me, at work, right now, looking like a crazy person. 

12) If I could choose to have a “do over” and switch careers, what would I choose and why?
This is a toughie, because I actually love what I do. I was going to say teacher, but that would be solely for summers off, which is not a good reason to become a teacher. Maybe a nutritionist or a personal trainer? I feel like having a job centred around helping other people make healthy choices would force you to keep your own health and fitness shit together on the daily. 
13) If I won an Olympic Gold Medal, how do I think I would react? 
I'd probably jump up and down and do some horrific dance that would end up becoming a meme. 
14) What do I want for Christmas? 
Christmas was forever ago! But if I were making a list today, I'd ask for cross-country skis. 
15) What skill do I lack?
The ability to drive a standard, snowboard, or knit.

You Might Also Like

0 comments